This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Application of Multi-objective Optimization to Exhaust Silencer Design
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 15, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes how use of multi-objective optimization of pulsating noise and backpressure improved an exhaust silencer for diesel drive equipment. Low frequency pulsating noise and backpressure were simultaneously predicted using one-dimensional fluid dynamics and acoustic analysis by BEM. In addition, an experiment was done to investigate the relation between high frequency noise including flow-induced noise and the dimensions of perforations in silencer pipes. Finally, a prototype of the exhaust silencer was built and examined in order to confirm the effects of these design methods mentioned. As predicted, exhaust noise was reduced without increasing backpressure.
|Technical Paper||Active Noise Cancellation at Powertrain Oil Pan|
|Technical Paper||A New Optimization Approach in the Field of Structural-Acoustics|
|Technical Paper||Applications of the Statistical Energy Analysis to Vibro-Acoustic Modeling of Vehicles|
CitationUehara, H., Saito, M., Koizumi, T., and Tsujiuchi, N., "Application of Multi-objective Optimization to Exhaust Silencer Design," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2210, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-2210.
- MUNJAL, M. ACOUSTICS OF DUCTS AND MUFFLERS John Wiley and Sons 0-471-84738-0 New York, N.Y. 1987
- Okubo, Minoru Uehara, Hiroshi Kanda, Hiroshi “Improvement of the Acoustic Characteristics of the Passive Silencer Applied of the BEM” JSAE Symposium 1999
- Keribar, Rifat Ciesla, Chris Morel, Thomas “Engine/Powertrain/Vehicle Modeling Tool Applicable to All Stages of the Design Process” SAE Paper, 2000-01-0934
- Morel, Thomas Silvestri, John Goerg, Karl-Alfred Jebasinski, Rolf “Modeling of Engine Exhaust Acoustics” SAE Paper No. 1999-01-1665
- Watanabe, Shinya Hiroyasu, Tomoyuki Miki, Mitsunori “Neigborhood Cultivation Genetic Algorithm for Multi-Objective Optimization Problems” Proceedings of the 4 th Asia-Pacific Conference on Simulated And Learning 198 202 2002