This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Toyota AA80E 8-Speed Automatic Transmission with Novel Powertrain Control System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Toyota has developed the world's first 8-speed automatic transmission (AA80E) for RWD automobiles. The transmission will first be used in the all-new Lexus LS460. In addition, a novel control system has been developed to maximize the predictability, response, efficiency, and initial quality of the powertrain while utilizing the high number of gear steps.
- Masami Kondo - Toyota Motor Corp.
- Yoshio Hasegawa - Toyota Motor Corp.
- Yoji Takanami - Toyota Motor Corp.
- Kenji Arai - Toyota Motor Corp.
- Masaharu Tanaka - Toyota Motor Corp.
- Masafumi Kinoshita - Toyota Motor Corp.
- Takeshi Ootsuki - Aisin AW Co., Ltd.
- Tetsuya Yamaguchi - Aisin AW Co., Ltd.
- Akira Fukatsu - Aisin AW Co., Ltd.
CitationKondo, M., Hasegawa, Y., Takanami, Y., Arai, K. et al., "Toyota AA80E 8-Speed Automatic Transmission with Novel Powertrain Control System," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1311, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-1311.
- Nozaki Yoshinobu, Tanaka Yoshikazu, Tomomatsu Hideo, Tsukamoto Hiroyuki, Hanji Futomi, “Toyota's New Six-Speed Automatic Transmission A761E for RWD Vehicles” SAE Paper 2004-01-0650
- Oshima Koji, Kimura Hiromichi, Miyata Hideki and Matsumoto Syogo, “Control System Development with Large Flow Small Linear Solenoid for the New Toyota FWD 6-Speed Transaxle” SAE Paper 2006-01-1487