This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Integration of Physical AMESim® Engine Model in Hardware in the Loop Environment, Dedicated to Engine Control Unit Testing
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In the automotive industry simulation represents an essential tool for the development process of the functions designed and integrated within the Engine Control Unit (ECU). This approach applies to each stage of the development cycle to establish the possible physics which are modeled accordingly. The particular stage which relates to the validation of the Engine Control Unit uses test benches called Hardware In the Loop (HIL) systems. They simulate both engine and vehicle by means of integrated models. The characteristics of these benches represent the constraints for the real-time computation of these models, in particular when the Engine Control Unit test requires a highly detailed physical model.
This paper attempts to treat the introduction of plant models based on a more accurate physical representation of the internal combustion engines into a Hardware In the Loop target. Using AMESim® simulation software, the model reduction constraints are exposed, in order to get the appropriate results on the HIL target. Finally, results obtained with a naturally aspirated gasoline application are presented. Turbocharged applications are under development.
CitationBourdon, T., Saussol, L., and Varoquié, B., "Integration of Physical AMESim® Engine Model in Hardware in the Loop Environment, Dedicated to Engine Control Unit Testing," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1300, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-1300.
- HEYWOOD John B. ‘Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals’ McGraw-Hill international editions 1988
- RAMOS J.I. ‘Internal Combustion Engine Modeling’ Hemisphere Publishing Corporation New York 1989
- YAWS Carl L. ‘Chemical Properties Handbook’ McGraw Hill 1999
- Chase M.W. et al. JANAF Thermochemical Tables 3rd 2 1985
- Albrecht A. Thomas V Corde G April 2005
- Le Solliec G. Le Berr F. Collin G. Corde G ‘Engine control of a downsized spark ignition Engine: From simulation to vehicle’ E-COSM - Rencontres Scientifiques de l'IFP October 2-4 2006
- Albrecht A. Grondin O. Le Berr F. Le Solliec G. ‘Towards a stronger simulation support for engine control design: a methodological point of view’ E-COSM - Rencontres Scientifiques de l'IFP October 2-4 2006