This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
New Type of Metal Substrates for Catalytic Converters Durability for Elevated Temperature
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
As a result of higher exhaust gas temperature for an improvement of fuel consumption, catalytic converters must be much more durable at high temperature. To satisfy such requirements, we have developed an advanced metal substrate using newly developed stainless Fe-Cr-Al foil, which contains more than 7.5 mass% of aluminum. The developed foil elongates durable lifetime about 4 times compared with the conventional foils in high temperature oxidizing atmospheres. The newly developed metal substrate is suitable for exhaust systems which is used under conditions of high exhaust gas temperature above 1000 °C.
|Technical Paper||Development of Advanced Metallic Substrate Design for Close Coupled Converter Application|
|Technical Paper||Catalyst Systems with an Emphasis on Three-Way Conversion and Novel Concepts|
|Technical Paper||An Accelerated Carburizing Process|
CitationInaguma, T., Konya, S., Sakamoto, H., Yamauchi, T. et al., "New Type of Metal Substrates for Catalytic Converters Durability for Elevated Temperature," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-1264, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-1264.
- Eckhoff S. Mueller W. Limdner D. Leyrer J. Kreuzer T. Vent G. Schoen C. Schmidtet J. Franz J. “Catalyst Design for High Performance Engines Capable to Fulfill Future Legislation” SAE 2004-01-1276 2004
- Favre C. Zidat S. “Emission Systems Optimization to Meet Future European Legislation” SAE 2004-01-0138 2004
- Kaspar J. Fornasiero P. Hickey N. Catalysis Today 77 2003
- Miyake M. Itoh K. Hitachi Metals Technical Review 20 2004 69
- Sobukawa H. R&D Rev. of Toyota CRDL 37-4 2002 1
- Suzuki T. Morikawa A Suda A. Sobukawa H. Sugiura M. Kanazawa T. Suzuki J. Takada T. R&D Rev. of Toyota CRDL 37-4 2002 28
- Taniguchi M. Uenishi M. Tan I. Tanaka H. Kimura M. Nishihara Y. Mizuki J. “Thermal Properties of the Intelligent Catalyst” SAE 2004-01-1272 2004
- Takada T. Tanaka T. “Development of a Highly Heat-Resistant Metal Supported Catalyst” SAE 910615 1991
- Konya S. 2001
- Ishii K. Kawasaki T. J. Japan Inst. Metals 56 1992 854
- Bradley A. Taylor A. Proc. Roy. Soc. London 166A 1938 353 75
- Schulze A. Z. tech.Physik 9 1928 338