This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hardware In the Loop Validation of the PIAGGIO MP3
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Recently Piaggio developed a new scooter equipped with a revolutionary front suspension electronically controlled locking. It was critical to test and validate the design of this new control system before deployment to ensure high customer satisfaction and reducing warranty costs. Test on a HIL platform accelerates the verification and validation process. A validated HIL set-up, being a repeatable and reliable test platform with a short turnaround time is ideal for developing standardized processes for Electronic Control Unit (ECU) testing and calibration. With shortening life cycles in the motorcycle industry, HIL technology is rapidly gaining acceptance not only in conventional vehicle programs, but also challenging vehicle programs. The development of control strategies for MP3 ECU has benefited from HIL-based testing. It has proven to be an efficient tool for software strategy development, implementation and validation. The goal of this paper is to demonstrate how the HIL simulation has been used during the validation phase of the new Piaggio scooter at ELASIS.
|Technical Paper||Accurate Model Based Hardware-in-the-Loop Test for a Windscreen Wiper System|
|Technical Paper||New Calibration Methods and Control Systems with Artificial Neural Networks|
- F. Di Genova - Elasis S.C.p.A
- M. de Manes - Elasis S.C.p.A
- G. Di Mare - Elasis S.C.p.A
- M. Ioele - Elasis S.C.p.A
- V. Cioffi - Elasis S.C.p.A
- F. Ferrara - Elasis S.C.p.A
- A. Caraceni - Elasis S.C.p.A
- M. Marcacci - Piaggio & C. S.p.A
- L. Baracchino - Piaggio & C. S.p.A
- L. Bernardi - Piaggio & C. S.p.A
- P. Bruttini - Piaggio & C. S.p.A
- E. Ruggiero - Piaggio & C. S.p.A
CitationDi Genova, F., de Manes, M., Di Mare, G., Ioele, M. et al., "Hardware In the Loop Validation of the PIAGGIO MP3," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0965, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-0965.
- Arsie F. De Franceschi, Pianese C., Rizzo G., “A ODECS. Computer Code for the Optimal Design of S.I. Engine Control Strategies”, SAE Paper No. 960359.
- European Commission, “Current and Future European Community Emission Requirements”, http://europa.eu.int/comm/enterprise/automotive/pagesbackground/pollutant_emission/pollutant_emission.pdf, 2003.
- Gillespie T.D. “Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics”, SAE, 1992.
- Guzzella L. and Onder C. H. “Introduction to Modeling and Control of Internal Combustion Engine Systems”, Springer-Verlag, 2004.
- Kiencke U. and Nielsen L., “Automotive Control Systems for Engine, Driveline and Vehicle”. Springer-Verlag, 2000.
- Heywood J. B., “Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals,” McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1988.
- Wu Yuh-Yih, et al., “Development of Hardware-In-the-Loop Simulations for Scooter Engine Control”, SAE Paper No. 2006-01-0614.
- Ferrara F., Costanzo F., De Manes M., Di Mare G., Montieri A., Plöeger M., Sauer J., Held J., Büdenbender M., “Testing Networked ECUs in a Virtual Car Environment”, SAE Paper No. 2004-01-1724.
- Nabi S., Balike M., Allen J., and Rzemien K., “An Overview of Hardware-In-the-Loop Testing Systems at Visteon,” SAE Paper No. 2004-01-1240.
- Jun L., Jinzhi F., and Jianwu Z., “The Rapid Development of Vehicle Electronic Control System by Hardware In the Loop Simulation,” SAE paper No. 2002-01-0568.
- Di Mare G.; Ferrara F.; Scala S.; Sepe E., “Hardware In the Loop testing of EOBD strategies”, Proc. of the 15th IFAC World Congress, Barcelona, Spain, July 2002
- Caraceni A., De Cristofaro F., Ferrara F.; Philipp O., Scala S. “Benefits of using a realtime engine model during engine ECU development”, SAE paper No. 2003-01-1049.
- Anant Wanpal, Ganesh Babu M., Kankariya Nilesh, Mundhra Keshav, Sundaresan S. A. and Deshpande Amit S., “ECU Testing and Verification using Hardware-in the-Loop”, SAE paper No. 2006-01-1444.
- Semenov Sergey G., “Automation of Hardware-in-the-Loop and In-the-Vehicle Testing and Validation for Hybrid Electric Vehicles at Ford”, SAE paper No. 2006-01-1448.
- Heiming Bernhard and Haupt Hagen, “Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing of Networked Electronics at Ford”, SAE paper No. 2005-01-1658.
- Köhl Susanne and Jegminat Dirk, “How to Do Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation Right”, SAE paper No. 2005-01-1657.