This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a Control Strategy for a Semi-Active Differential for a High Performance Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
While VDC systems usually operate on the engine torque and on brake pressures, new automotive applications try to use semi-active or active differentials in order to optimize the torque distribution on the wheels for traction maximization, driving comfort, stability and safety of the vehicle. The system presented in the paper comes out from the cooperation of Ferrari S.p.A. and Politecnico di Milano in the development of a new semi-active differential. In the paper a description of the vehicle dynamic control strategy, its development, and experimental results are given.
CitationCheli, F., Pedrinelli, M., Resta, F., Zorzutti, A. et al., "Development of a Control Strategy for a Semi-Active Differential for a High Performance Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0927, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-0927.
- Milliken W.F. Milliken D.L. “Race Car Vehicle Dynamics” 1995 SAE
- Cheli F. Pedrinelli M. Zorzutti A. “Modellazione Integrata della dinamica dell'autoveicolo e della Powertrain” 2005 Proceedings of 17° Congresso AIMETA Firenze University Press
- Cheli F. Giaramita M. Pedrinelli M. Sandoni G. Travaglio G.C. “A New Control Strategy For A Semi-Active Differential (Part I)” 2005 16th IFAC World Congress Prague
- Resta F. Teuschl G. Zanchetta M. Zorzutti A. “A New Control Strategy For A Semi-Active Differential (Part II)” 2005 16th IFAC World Congress Prague
- Piyabongkarn D. Lew J. Grogg J. Kyle R. “Stability Enhanced Traction and Yaw Control using Electronic Limited Slip Differential” 2006 SAE World Congress Detroit
- Pedrinelli M. Cheli F. “On the Powertrain Dynamics Influence on Vehicle Performance: The differentials.” 2006 SAE World Congress Detroit
- Shibahata Y. Shimada K. Tomari T. “Improvement of Vehicle Maneuverability by Direct Yaw Moment Control” 1993 Vehicle System Dynamics 22
- Velardocchia, M. Sorniotti A. Morgando A. 2005 “Modellazione dei sistemi di trazione integrale e della loro influenza sulla dinamica del veicolo” Proceedings of 17° Congresso AIMETA Firenze University Press
- Pacejka, H. B. 2002 “Tyre and vehicle dynamics” Oxford Butterworth-Heinemann
- Frendo F. Greco G. Guiggiani M. “Critical review of handling diagram and understeer gradient for vehicles with locked differential” 2005