This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Model-Based Design Study and Evaluation of New HMI Concepts for Vehicle Multimedia, Climate Control and Navigation Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 16, 2007 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The application of Model-Based Design has been well established, documented, and highly refined practice for the development of embedded control systems like those used for power train or chassis controls.
Model-Based Design, when applied to in-vehicle electronic systems with human-machine interface (HMI) elements, presents unique challenges and opportunities.
Historically, development of the software to drive audio, climate control, navigation or other driver facing functions in a vehicle have been developed with traditional processes. These could include textural requirements and hand coding or application of structured design and analysis tools followed by hand coding. Production of the first working prototype using these traditional methods is much longer than with Model-Based Design. This is an emerging trend in the automotive body electronics design community.
This paper will describe the key design elements of the new HMI concept being developed and the development process used to produce a working prototype. Some key advantages of Model-Based Design for demonstration system development will be addressed. The next process steps to move the demonstration towards production will also be discussed.
|Technical Paper||Engine Control Inputs and Signal Conditioning for Crankshaft and Camshaft Positioning|
|Technical Paper||Analysis and Development of Mechatronic Systems - New Approaches in Rotational and Torsional Vibration Analysis|
CitationSmith, P., Chen, J., and Hu, H., "Model-Based Design Study and Evaluation of New HMI Concepts for Vehicle Multimedia, Climate Control and Navigation Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-0702, 2007, https://doi.org/10.4271/2007-01-0702.
Safety Test Methodology, 2007
Number: SP-2123; Published: 2007-04-16
Number: SP-2123; Published: 2007-04-16
- Sasanouchi Kiyotake Ishiai Yasushi Tanaka Tsuyoshi Junichi Yukawa Hu Austin “Development of the HMI system that improves the safety and operational convenience by the combination of steering wheel switch and head up display” SAE Paper 2005-01-0438 2005
- Hu Hongxing Chen Jie Yukawa Junichi Luo Leah Tanaka Tsuyoshi Tada Masashi Sasanouchi Kiyotaka Santo Kouichi Saito Katsu Ishiai Yasushi Cates Ted “Study and Evaluation of New HMI Switch Control Concepts Through Demo Vehicle and Module Development” SAE Paper 2006-01-0815 2006
- Takubo N. Kihira M. “Analysis of glances on navigation devices on the basis of the accident data” Proceedings of Symposium on Mobile Interactions and Navigation ” 109 112 2002
- Green Paul Jonatha “Future in-car information systems: input from focus groups” SAE Paper 920614 1992
- Knoll P. Koenig W. “ Human-machine interface: how to make it simple & effective” Convergence 2002 International Congress on Transportation Electronics, Oct. 2000, SAE paper No. 2000-01-C109
- Itoh K. Miki Y. Yoshitsugu N. Kubo N. Mashimo S. “Evaluation of a voice-activated system using a driving simulator” SAE Paper 2004-01-0232 2004
- http://www.mathworks.com/industries/auto/technicallitera ture.html
- Hodge Grantley Ye Jian Stuart Walt “Multi-Target Modelling for Embedded Software Development for Automotive Applications” SAE Paper 2004-01-269
- Thate Jeff Kendrick Larry Nadarajah Siva “Caterpillar Automatic Code Generation” SAE Paper 2004-01-0894
- Hosagrahara Arvind Smith Paul “Measuring Productivity and Quality in Model-Based Design” SAE Paper 2005-01-1357
- Friedman Jon Ghidella Jason “Using Model-Based Design for Automotive Systems Engineering - Requirements Analysis of the Power Window Example” SAE 2006-01-1217
- Erkkinen Tom “Safety-Critical Software Development using Automatic Production Code Generation” SAE Paper 2007-01-1493
- Smith Paul Prabhu Sameer Friedman Jon “Best Practices for Establishing a Model-Based Design Culture” SAE Paper 2007-01-0777
- McKay Brian “Open Architecture Solution for Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) Testing” SAE Paper 2007-01-0501
- Friedman Jonathan Fillyaw Chris Prabhu Sameer “Creating Human Machine Interface (HMI) Based Tests within Model-Based Design” SAE Paper 2007-01-0780
- http://www.mathworks.com/company/events/progra" ms_de/iac2004/iac_confirm.html http://www.mathworks.com/industries/auto/iac/presentations.html http://www.mathworks.com/industries/auto/iac06/presentations.html