This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Manufacturing Challenges & Opportunities In Emerging Markets
Published October 16, 2006 by Convergence Transportation Electronics Association in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Convergence 2006
The purpose of this paper is to explore the challenges and opportunities for auto companies interested in setting up operations in emerging markets. One of the most widely accepted best practices is a concept called LeanThinking (1). This discussion focuses on the implementation of LeanThinking in China. In essence, LeanThinking is a broad management system; when applied to the manufacturing business sector, it is called lean manufacturing.
|Technical Paper||How Management Can Focus on Core Functions|
|Journal Article||Protocol for Working in Diverse and Distributed Project Teams|
|Journal Article||Global Competition with Global Competence|
CitationChao, M., "Manufacturing Challenges & Opportunities In Emerging Markets," SAE Technical Paper 2006-21-0093, 2006.
- Womack JP Jones DT 1996 Lean Thinking New York Simon & Schuster
- Womack JP Jones DT 1990 The Machine That Changed the World New York Harper Collins Publishers
- LEI (Lean Enterprise Institute) 2004 Lean Lexicon Cambridge, MA Lean Enterprise Institute
- Rother M Harris R. 2001 Creating Continuous Flow Cambridge MA Lean Enterprise Institute
- Rother M Shook J. 1998 Learning to See Cambridge MA Lean Enterprise Institute
- Balle F Balle M. 2005 Gold Mine Cambridge MA Lean Enterprise Institute