This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
OSEK: A Standard in the fields
Published October 16, 2006 by Convergence Transportation Electronics Association in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Convergence 2006
Since years cars Electronic control units (ECU) use OSEK/VDX specifications. What is OSEK/VDX software? In 1990 car manufacturers begin to see a lot of difficulties implementing software into ECU. Problem of cost development, problems of quality, difficulty to merge different software in same ECU, difficulty to reuse application software …
In 1993 OSEK consortium has been founded by German car industry to solve these problems In 1994 French car industry comes and merges its VDX/software expertise to OSEK.
The title OSEK means: Offene Systeme und deren Schnittstellen für die Elektronik im Kraftfahrzeug” Open System and the corresponding interface for automotive electronics “
The OSEK/VDX Consortium had the volunteer to disseminate this technology. For that a good mean is to offer the work and results to ISO
The paper describes the story of OSEK/VDX, followed by the story of ISO17356.
This story can be useful to know, because often new subject into ISO are coming from industrial consortium. If you know the way of life into ISO you will save time and effort.
Now The OSEK/VDX specifications are under ISO control with the name ISO 17356 and several industrial implementations of ISO 17356 exist.
CitationMalaterre, P., "OSEK: A Standard in the fields," SAE Technical Paper 2006-21-0021, 2006.
- Programming in the OSEK/VDX Environment by J Lemieux, CMP Books 2001
- Architectural leadership in the Automotive Industry SAE Convergence 2000 01 C067 NeumannKT, KopetzH, MalaterreP, SpecksW
- OSEK/VDX Open systems in Automotive Networks VDI Tagung Bad Homburg 2 and 3 Feb 2000 VDI Beritche 1528
- The Electronic concept of the new 7 series VDI report 1646 DeickeAxel, 2001
- Introduction of standards into the field of electronic controllers at BMW, VDI-Report 1415, 1998, p.655-668 HeineckeHarald
- Software Sharing- improvingCollaboration with suppliers Convergence 1998, ThomaPeterDr.
- IEEE Seminar OSEK/VDX London 1998 13 NovDirlJohn
- Validation on CANReal Timze Embedded Automotive Protocols ICC 1996 FargesE; MassimelliL
- The key to handle the complexity of Automotive E/E Architecture VDA Congress 20-21 March 2002, HeineckeStuttgart HPrf
- OSEK in the fast lane Auto 2006 Sovereign Publications Ltd, TindellKenPrf
- Noyau Temps reel le cas OSEK/VDX ETR 2003, TrinquetYvon
- AUTOSAR Currents results and preparation for exploitation Euroforum May 3rd 2000 Open systems architecture VDI Congress20 21March2002, HeineckeHDr
- Standard software module SAE Congress 2005 05-SAE-340, NossalR, GallaTM, OligJ
- Reserach Challenges in automotive real time systems ARTIST Worshop Paris 2001-04-23, AxelssonJakobDr
- No detour needed :gettingto Autosar via OSEK SAE technical papper 2006 01 0168, SchoofJ, WyboD
- Configuration of in-vehicle embedded system under real time constraint MarquesRicardo Santos, ETFA 2005 Catania 19-22 Sept 2005
- Real time application development with OSEK CMU/SEI, FeilerPeter H Nov 2003
- Emerald-OSEK SAE Congress 99PC332 1999 ZuberiKawar, PillaiP, ShinK, ImaiT, NagauraW, SuzukiS