This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Super Low Exhaust Emission City Bus by a Combination of PCI Combustion Engine and Series Hybrid Electric Drive System
Published September 27, 2006 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Autumn Conference
NOx and PM can be simultaneously and extremely reduced by PCI combustion, although it has some problems such as limitation of operation. Therefore the concept engine applied PCI combustion was installed on the concept Series Hybrid Electric Drive city bus, because engine can be operated by steady state point as generator. It was developed in project to promote development of next-generation, low-emission vehicle under the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport. And it achieved exhaust emission less than 1/4 of the new long-term regulation limits.
- Takeshi Moriya - Mitsubishi Fuso Trucks and Buses
- Kazutoshi Mori - Mitsubishi Fuso Trucks and Buses
- Shiroh Shiino - Mitsubishi Fuso Trucks and Buses
- Hiroaki Fujita - Mitsubishi Fuso Trucks and Buses
- Tadato Ihara - Mitsubishi Fuso Trucks and Buses
- Youichiro Kono - Mitsubishi Fuso Trucks and Buses
- Yuta Susuki - Mitsubishi Fuso Trucks and Buses