This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Low Back Pressure Metallic Substrates Technology for CI Engines Used in Vehicles and Machinery to Meet Future Emission Requirements
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 31, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The future demand for more fuel efficient and cleaner vehicles and machinery is a huge engineering challenge. On one side, regulated particulate matter reduction and gaseous exhaust emissions are addressed by higher EGR rates and optimized combustion technology. On the other side, after treatment components are added. Very compact systems are required and pressure drop need to be engineered to a minimum to minimize negative effects on fuel consumption. This paper describes the usage of thermodynamically optimized advanced metallic substrates components to address packaging at minimum exhaust flow resistance. The newly developed metallic cost-effective substrates with structured foil technology are engineered for lowest flow restriction and highest effectiveness.
CitationMüller-Haas, K., Rice, M., and Rodovanovic, R., "Low Back Pressure Metallic Substrates Technology for CI Engines Used in Vehicles and Machinery to Meet Future Emission Requirements," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-3508, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-3508.
- Chen Ming Williams Shazam “Modelling and Optimization of SCR-Exhaust Aftertreatment Systems” 2005 SAE-Paper 2005-01-0969
- Bollig M. Liebl J. Zimmer R. Kraum M. Seel O. Siemund S. “Next generation catalysts are turbulent development of support and coating” 2004 SAE-Paper 2004-01-1488
- Jacob E. “Ammonia Generatore for GD-KAT- (Advanced SCR) Systems” 2004 Dresden / Germany
- Wendland Daniel W. Sorrell Philip L. Krechner John E. “Soureces of Monolith Catalytic Converter Pressure Loss” 1991 SAE-Paper 912372
- Maus Wolfgang Brück Rolf “The conical catalytic converter and its potential for future close-coupled converter concepts” 1998 SAE-Paper 980414
- Sung-mu Choi Young-kee Youn Chi-bum In Gwon-koo Yeo “Developmetn of Exhaust Systems for Post-SULEV” 2006 SAE-Paper 2006-01-0850
- Brück Rolf Müller-Haas Klaus Breuer Jürgen Webb Cynthia “Advanced Performance of Metallic Converter Systems Demonstrated on a Production V8 Engine” 2002 SAE-Paper 2002-01-0347
- Hughes, Katherine W Wade Witte “Ultra Thin Wall Substrates - Trends for performance in FTP and US06 Test” 2002 SAE-Paper 2002-01-0356
- Müller-Haas Klaus Brück Rolf Rieck Jeffery S. Webb Cynthia C. Keith “FTP and US06 Performance of Advanced High Cell Density Metallic Substrates as a Function of Varying Air/Fuel Modulation” 2003 SAE-Paper 2003-01-819