This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Properties Analysis of Hydrogen Consumption Rate for a PEM Fuel Cell Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 16, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this paper, a hydrogen consumption rate model of a PEM fuel cell engine is developed based on experimental data. The assumption of the model is that fuel cell stack works in steady-state condition. The relationships between the hydrogen consumption rate and stack current, stack power and Fuel Cell Engine (FCE) power are analyzed. Based on the hydrogen consumption rate model, a hydrogen specific consumption model is developed. Moreover, the models presented in this paper are verified by test data. The results indicate that these models are accurate to reflect the static performance of fuel cell stack and fuel cell engine. The advantages of these models are that theirs structures are very simple, and theirs parameters are easy to be obtained. They are easy to be applied to the study of fuel cell vehicle simulation.
- Yongping Hou - Clean Energy Automotive Engineering Center, Tongji University
- Gang Wan - Clean Energy Automotive Engineering Center, Tongji University
- Wei Jiang - Clean Energy Automotive Engineering Center, Tongji University
- Mingxi Zhuang - Clean Energy Automotive Engineering Center, Tongji University
CitationHou, Y., Wan, G., Jiang, W., and Zhuang, M., "Properties Analysis of Hydrogen Consumption Rate for a PEM Fuel Cell Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-3292, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-3292.
- Barbir F., Gomez T., “Efficiency and economics of proton exchange membrance fuel cells”, Hydrogen, pp. 1027-1037, 1997
- Pukrushpan Jay T., Peng Huei, stefanopoulou Anna G., “Control-Oriented modeling and analysis for automotive fuel cell system”
- Busquent, Hubert C.E., Labbe J., Mayer D., Metkemeijer, “A new approach to empirical electrical modeling of a fuel cell, an electrolyser or a regenerative fuel cell”, Journal of power sources, pp. 41-48, 2004
- Pathapati P.R., Xue X., tang J., “A new dynamic model for predicting transient phenomena in a PEM fuel cell sytem”, Renewable Energy, pp. 1-22, 2004
- Hou Yongping, Jiang Wei, Wan Gang, Steady State Performance Modeling of Fuel Cell Engine, the 13th International Pacific Conference on Automotive Engineering (IPC-13), Hotel Hyundai, Gyeongju, Korea on August 22-24, 2005.