This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development and Validation of New Control Strategy of Hybrid Power Train with ISG for Family Sedan
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 16, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new control strategy for parallel hybrid electric vehicle with ISG is presented in this paper, in which engine operation points are limited within higher efficiency area by the control strategy and the state of charge (SOC) is limited in a range in order to enhance the batteries' charging and discharging efficiency. The control strategy aims to reduce total energy consumption at each instantaneous time interval by dynamically adjusting the amount of power supplied by the engine and the pack of the batteries. The off-line simulation model of the parallel HEV power train is developed which includes the control system and controlled objective (such as engine, electric motor, battery pack and so on). The results show that the control stragegy can effectively limit engine and battery operation points and much more fuel economy can be achieved than that of conventional one.
- Minghui Liu - R&D Center, FAW Group Corporation of China
- Wenruo Wei - R&D Center, FAW Group Corporation of China
- Liang Chu - Department of Automotive Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Jilin University
- Shaomin Ming - Department of Automotive Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Jilin University
- Yongsheng Zhang - Department of Automotive Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Jilin University
- Yajun Zhu - Department of Automotive Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Jilin University
CitationChu, L., Ming, S., Zhang, Y., Zhu, Y. et al., "Development and Validation of New Control Strategy of Hybrid Power Train with ISG for Family Sedan," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-3291, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-3291.
- chu Liang Wang Qing nian Development and Validation of Logic Threshold Control Algorithm for Parallel Hybrid Power Train SAE 2003-01-2312
- liang Chu Qingnian Wang Energy Management Strategy and Parametric Design for Hybrid Electric Transit Bus SAE 2001-01-2506
- Senger Randall D. Merkle Matthew A. Nelson Douglas J. Validation of ADVISOR as a Simulation Tool for a Series Hybrid Electric Vehicle SAE 981133
- Rahman Z. Ehsani M. Butler K.L. An Investigation of Electric Motor Drive Characteristics for EV Taxas A&M University SAE 2000-01-3062
- O'Keefe Michael Patrick Vertin Keith An Analysis of Hybrid Electric Propulsion System for Transit Buses Milestone Completion Report
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory - ADVISORv 3.2 Golden, CO, USA 2002
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle Program