This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
General Motors DEXRON®-VI Global Service-Fill Specification
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 16, 2006 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
During early 2005 General Motors released a newly developed ATF for the factory fill of all GM Powertrain stepped gear automatic transmissions. The new fluid provided significantly improved performance in terms of friction durability, viscosity stability, aeration and foam control and oxidation resistance. In addition, the fluid has the potential to enable improved fuel economy and extended drain intervals. Since the performance of the new fluid far exceeded that of the DEXRON®-III service fill fluids available at the time it became necessary to upgrade the DEXRON® service fill specification in order to ensure that similar fluids were available in the market for service and repair situations. This latest upgrade to the service fill specification is designated DEXRON®-VI .
|Technical Paper||The Oxidative Stability of GM's DEXRON®-VI Global Factory Fill ATF|
|Technical Paper||Comparison of OEM Automatic Transmission Fluids in Industry Standard Tests|
|Technical Paper||Development of Revised DEXRON®-III Elastomers Test|
CitationFewkes, R., Calcut, B., and Willis, A., "General Motors DEXRON®-VI Global Service-Fill Specification," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-3242, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-3242.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- “DEXRON®-VI Automatic Transmission Fluid Specification,” GMN10060, General Motors, April 2005.
- “DEXRON® Automatic Transmission Fluid Specification,” GM6032M, General Motors, August 1967.
- Fewkes R., Hughes D.G., Joseph I.E., Sumiejski J.L., “Diversification of Automatic Transmission Fluid Technology,” Technische Akadamie Esslingen International Colloquium Tribology, pp 1315-1340, 1996.
- Morgan C., Linden J.L., Johnson T.L., Zeng N.X., “Development of Revised DEXRON®-III Elastomers Test,” SAE Paper 2003-01-3252.
- “DEXRON®-III Automatic Transmission Fluid Specification,” GMN10055, General Motors, June 2003.
- Johnston G.J., Wayte R., Spikes H.A., “The Measurement and Study of Very Thin Lubricant Films in Concentrated Contacts,” Tribology Transactions, v. 34, pp 187-194, 1991.
- Morgan C., Fewkes R., McCombs T., Tersigni S.H., Jackson J.M., “Low-Speed Carbon Fiber Torque Capacity and Frictional Properties Test for ATFs,” SAE Paper 2004-01-3026.
- Morgan C., Cummings J., Fewkes R., Jackson J.M., “A New Method of Measuring Aeration and Deaeration of Fluids,” SAE Paper 2004-01-2914.