This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Optimal Design and Dynamic Simulation of a Hybrid Solar Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 14, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: The Sustainable Mobility Challenge at the National Congress of the Italian Thermotechnical Association (ATI)
The paper deals with a detailed study on the optimal sizing of a solar hybrid car, based on a longitudinal vehicle dynamic model and considering energy flows, weight and costs. The model describes the effects of solar panels area and position, vehicle dimensions and propulsion system components on vehicle performance, weight, fuel savings and costs. It is shown that significant fuel savings can be achieved for intermittent use with limited average power, and that economic feasibility could be achieved in next future, considering the expected trends in costs and prices.
CitationArsie, I., Rizzo, G., and Sorrentino, M., "Optimal Design and Dynamic Simulation of a Hybrid Solar Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-2997, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-2997.
- Hammad M. Khatib T 1996 Energy Parameters of a Solar Car for Jordan Energy Conversion Management V. 37 12
- Wellington R.P. 1996 Model Solar Vehicles Provide Motivation for School Students Solar Energy Vol. 58 1-3
- Saitoh, T. Hisada, T. Gomi, C. Maeda, C. 1992 Improvement of urban air pollution via solar-assisted super energy efficient vehicle 92 ASME JSES KSES Int Sol Energy Conf. ASME New York, NY, USA 571 577
- Sasaki K. Yokota M. Nagayoshi H. Kamisako K 1997 Evaluation of an Electric Motor and Gasoline Engine Hybrid Car Using Solar Cells Solar Energy Material and Solar Cells 47 1997
- Seal M.R. 1995 Viking 23 - zero emissions in the city, range and performance on the freeway Northcon - Conference Record 1995. IEEE, RC-108 264 268
- Seal M.R. Campbell G 1995 Ground-up hybrid vehicle program at the vehicle research institute. Electric and Hybrid Vehicles - Implementation of Technology SAE Special Publications n 1105 1995 SAE Warrendale, PA, USA 59 65
- Letendre S. Perez R. Herig Christy Vehicle Integrated PV: a Clean and Secure Fuel for Hybrid Electric Vehicles Proc. of Annual Meeting of the American Solar Energy Society June 21-26 2003 Austin, TX
- Arsie I. Graziosi M. Pianese C. Rizzo G. Sorrentino M 2004 Optimization of Supervisory Control Strategy for Parallel Hybrid Vehicle with Provisional Load Estimate Proc. of AVEC04 Arhnem (NL) Aug. 23-27 2004
- Statistics for Road Transport UK Government http://www.statistics.gov.uk/CCI/nscl.asp?ID=8100
- Arsie I. Di Domenico A. Marotta M. Pianese C. Rizzo G. Sorrentino M. 2005 A Parametric Study of the Design Variables for a Hybrid Electric Car with Solar Cells Proc. of METIME Conference June 2-3 2005 University of Galati RO
- Arsie I. Marotta M. Pianese C. Rizzo G. Sorrentino M 2005 Optimal Design of a Hybrid Electric Car with Solar Cells Proc. of 1st AUTOCOM Workshop on Preventive and Active Safety Systems for Road Vehicles Istanbul Sept. 19-21 2005
- Marion B. Anderberg M. “PVWATTS - An online performance calculator for Grid-Connected PV Systems” Proc.of the ASES Solar 2000 Conf. June 16-21 2000 Madison, WI
- Arsie I. Flora R. Pianese C. Rizzo G. Serra G. A Computer Code for S.I. Engine Control and Powertrain Simulation SAE 2000 Transactions - Journal of Engines 109-3 SAE Paper 2000-01-0938 935 949
- Burch, S. Cuddy, M. Johnson, V. Markel, T. Rausen, D. Sprik, S. Wipke, K. 1999 “ADVISOR: Advanced Vehicle Simulator”
- “Energy Conversion Systems and Their Environmental Impact” http://www.dimec.unisa.it/leonardo