This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
VIBRATION AND NOISE EXPOSURE LEVEL IN AN OFF-ROAD PROTOTYPE
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 21, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Recent researches [1, 2, 3 and 4] showed that the vibration is one of the common occupational risks. The exposition rising to the human body vibration, in hard working that operate tractors, machines diggers and too much vehicles is incomplete, however there are evidences that the regular exhibition to the vibration, can contribute in the pains generation in the back in professional drivers such as, drivers by bus, by tractors and helicopters. According to Griffin , to the exhibition to the human body vibration are related to problems in the activity muscular/postural, circulatory system problems and the appearance of inter-muscular disturbances. This way, with the increasing use of off-road vehicles and of new kinds of seats, the acceleration levels investigation and necessary comfort is done, as well as, the dynamic characterization of the same. Using the prototype of a mini Baja, usually used in competitions, the level of vertical accelerations to what a stature median pilot is submitted, it was characterized when the vehicle rolling on a plane track category. The acquired data allow evaluating the exhibition to the original vibrations of the vehicle, contributing for vehicles companies manufacturers. In terms of noise it seeks to accomplish an evaluation of the emitted noise and spectrum. The obtained data of sound level will be analyzed statistically in the attempt to extract useful information, how to identify the levels and the frequencies that affect most the human beings.
|Technical Paper||POWER TRAIN SYSTEM FOR A PROTOTYPE ECONOMIC VEHICLE|
|Technical Paper||High Efficiency Ice Protection System (HEIPS) for Aircraft Engine Inlets|
|Technical Paper||Beds on the Road - Criteria and Construction Principles|
- Rafael A. C. Laranja - Automotives Technologies Laboratory, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Lutheran University of Brazil.
- Luiz C. Gertz - Automotives Technologies Laboratory, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Lutheran University of Brazil.
- Charles Rech - Automotives Technologies Laboratory, Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Lutheran University of Brazil.
- Alexandre Balbinot - Research group in Instrumentation and DSP, Faculty of Electric Engineering, Lutheran University of Brazil.
- Rosa Leamar Dias Blanco - Research group in Instrumentation and DSP, Faculty of Electric Engineering, Lutheran University of Brazil.
- Leonardo Cruz da Silva - Research group in Instrumentation and DSP, Faculty of Electric Engineering, Lutheran University of Brazil.
CitationLaranja, R., Gertz, L., Rech, C., Balbinot, A. et al., "VIBRATION AND NOISE EXPOSURE LEVEL IN AN OFF-ROAD PROTOTYPE," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-2546, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-2546.
- Bovenzi, M. “Low back pain disorders and exposure to whole-body vibration in the workplace” Seminars in Perinatology 1994 25 4 231 241
- Griffin, M. J. “ Handbook of human vibration ” New York Academic Press 1990
- Balbinot, A Tamagna, A. “A study of vibration levels on urban buses in Porto Alegre - Brazil” 2 nd International cnference on whole-body vibration injuries 16 17 2000
- Balbinot, A Tamagna, A. “A preliminary study of the drivers/seat interface to driver´s shoulder transmissibility on urban buses in Porto Alegre-Brazil” 2 nd International cnference on whole-body vibration injuries 24 26 2000
- Beranek, L. L. Vér, I. L. “Noise and Vibration Control Engineering: Principles and applications” John Wiley & Sons New York 1992
- Tortora, G. J. “Corpo Humano” Porto Alegre 2000
- Andersson, G. B. J. Örtengren, A. N. Elfström, G. “Lumbar Disc Pressure and Myoelectric Back Muscle Activity During Sitting” Scandinaves Journal Rehabilitation Medicine 128 133 1974
- Nachemson, A. L. “Commentary Orthopetics” Clinical North American 290 296 1975
- Kostuik, J. P. “Anterior Fixation for Fractures of the Thoracic and Lumbar Spine with or without Neurologic Involvement” Clinical Orthopetics 103 106 1984
- Melzach, R. Wall, P. “O Desafio da Dor” Lisboa, Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian 1987
- White, A. A. Panjabi, M. M. “ Biomechanics of the spine ” Philadelphia Lippincott Williams & Wilkins 1990
- Johanning, E. Wilder, D. G. Landrigan, P. J. Pope, M. H. “Whole-body Vibration Exposure in Subway Cars and Review of Edverse Health Effects” Journal of Occupational Medicine 605 612 1991
- Hoy, J. Murabarak, N. “The Effect of Whole-body Vibration on Forklift Drivers” 2 nd International Conference on Whole-body Vibration Injuries 19 20 2000
- Tripepi, M.G. Cantio, M. Saffioti, G. 2000 “Risk and effects of WBV in locomotive engineers” 2 nd International Conference on Whole-Body Vibration Injuries 13 14
- Hulshof, C. T. J. Van der Laan, G. J. Braam, I. T. J. Verbeek, J. “Criteria for Recognition of Whole-body Vibration Injury as Occupational Disease: A Review” 2 nd International Conference on Whole-body Vibration Injuries 57 58 2000
- “ Mechanical vibration and shock - evaluation of human exposure to whole-body vibration - Part I: general requirements ” Switzerland International Standard 1997
- “ Measurement and evaluation of human exposure to whole-body mechanical vibration and repeated shock ” London British Standard Guide 1987
- “Atividades e operações insalubres” o 06 jul. 1978
- “ Acústica - avaliação do ruído em áreas abitadas, visando o conforto da comunidade -procedimento ” Rio de Janeiro Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas 2000
- “ Cálculo simplificado do nível de ruído equivalente continuo (L eq ) ” Rio de Janeiro Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas 1995
- “ Acoustics - Measurement at the Operator´s Position of Noise Emitted by Earth-Moving Machinery - Dynamic Test ” Switzerland International Standard 1992
- “ Acoustics - Measurement of noise inside motor vehicles ” Switzerland International Standard 1980
- Rao, S. S. 1995 “Mechanical Vibrations” Addison-Wesley New York
- Thomson, W. T. 1978 “Teoria da Vibração com Aplicações” Interciência Rio de Janeiro
- Ishitake, T. Matoba, T. “Frequency weighting for the effects of exposure to whole-body vibration on gastric motility” 2nd International Conference on Whole-Body Vibration Injuries 2000 1 29 30