This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
AMRaven - An Integrated Air Vehicle Design and Analysis Environment
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 30, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
TechnoSoft has developed and released an air vehicle design engineering environment in collaboration with AFRL, NASA and major aerospace industries. The Adaptive Modeling Rapid Air Vehicle Engineering (AMRaven) environment is a generative modeling environment enabling the integrated design and analysis of air vehicles. AMRaven is built on the AML object-oriented framework incorporating a custom design environment with a suite of modeling features that support the rapid design and configuration of air vehicles. The generation of detailed analysis models for coupled aerodynamic and structural analysis is fully automated.
Unique to the AMRaven framework is a feature-based design environment that incorporates a set of custom components such as pods, wings, and control surfaces for outer mold line (OML) design and spars, ribs, and bulkheads for substructure layout. AMRaven integrates design and analysis process automation within a common environment to facilitate the engineering process and the assessment of technology variables and their impact on vehicle performance.
This paper describes the underlying general framework, the AMRaven design environment, aerodynamic and structural analysis capabilities, and a number of other modules.
CitationDahl, J., Hill, S., and Chemaly, A., "AMRaven - An Integrated Air Vehicle Design and Analysis Environment," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-2402, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-2402.
- Adaptive Modeling Language (AML) http://www.technosoft.com/aml.php
- AMSketcher http://www.technosoft.com/amsketcher.php
- AMOpt http://www.technosoft.com/amopt.php
- Adaptive Modeling, Engineering Analysis and Design of Advanced Aerospace Vehicles Mukhopadhyay V. Hsu S-Y. Mason B. H. Sleight D. W. Jones W. T. Chu J. Hicks M. D. Spangler J. L. Kamhawi H. Dahl J. L. 47th AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference 2006
- Zonair http://www.zonatech.com/ZONAIR.htm
- MSC.Patran http://www.mscsoftware.com/
- Interactive Missile Design Program http://www.afrlhorizons.com/Briefs/Sept03/ML0210.html
- Technosoft Software Evolving Through Langley's Use http://www.nasa.gov/centers/langley/news/researchernews/rn_technosoft1.html
- AdVISE - Advanced Vehicle Integration and Synthesis Environment (AdVISE) Ferlemann S. Rehder J. J. http://hdl.handle.net/1853/8022