This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Inter-individual Variations in Intra-individual Shape Change Patterns
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 04, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Using multiple body scans of 20 adult females, inter-individual body shape change patterns were analyzed. A homologous shape model was created for each body scan, and intra-individual shape change pattern before and after a sliming program was formulated using a deformed grid of FFD. The deformed grids were normalized for the size, and were analyzed for variations in shape change patterns using PCA and MDS. Based on the efficiency in information compression and the relationship with changes in body dimensions, MDS was more useful for this purpose.
|Technical Paper||Integrated Modeling Framework for Anthropometry and Physiology Virtual Body|
|Technical Paper||Identifying Time-Consuming Human Modelling Tool Activities|
|Technical Paper||Modeling 3D Humans from Uncalibrated Wide Baseline Views|
- Makiko Kouchi - Digital Human Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, CREST, JST (Japan Science and Technology Agency)
- Masaaki Mochimaru - Digital Human Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, CREST, JST (Japan Science and Technology Agency)
CitationKouchi, M. and Mochimaru, M., "Inter-individual Variations in Intra-individual Shape Change Patterns," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-2353, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-2353.
- Kawachi, K. Aoki, K. Mochimaru, M. Kouchi, M. “Visualization and classification of strategy for entering car,” SAE Technical Paper 2005-041-2683 2005
- Park. W. Martin, B. J. Choe, S. Chaffin D. B. Reed, M. P. “Representing and identifying alternative movement techniques for goal-directed manual tasks,” Journal of Biomechanics 38 3 519 527 2005
- Mochimaru, M. Kouchi, M. Dohi, M. “Analysis of foot forms using the FFD method and its application in grading shoe last,” Ergonomics 43 1301 1313 1999
- Mochimaru, M. Kouchi, M. “Statistics for 3D human body forms,” Proceedings of SAE Digital Human Modeling for Design and Engineering International Conference and Exposition 2000 2000
- Allen, B. Curless, B. Popovic, Z. “Exploring the space of human body shapes: data-driven synthesis under anthropometric control,” SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-2188 2004