This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Posture and Movement Prediction by Means of Musculoskeletal Optimization
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 4, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents an efficient method for posture and movement prediction based on three-dimensional musculoskeletal models with a high level of detail. The potential applications of the technology in automotive engineering are numerous and range from simple static posture prediction of drivers and occupants to identification of complex movement patterns such as egress. We present one example of posture prediction and one example of movement prediction and conclude that the technology can reduce the need for experiments in musculoskeletal analysis and enhance the technology's applicability as an automotive design tool.
CitationRasmussen, J., Christensen, S., Siebertz, K., and Rausch, J., "Posture and Movement Prediction by Means of Musculoskeletal Optimization," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-2342, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-2342.
- Rasmussen, J., Damsgaard, M., Christensen, S.T. (2000): Inverse-inverse dynamics simulation of musculo-skeletal systems. In: Prendergast, P.J., Lee, T.C., Carr, A.J. (2000): Proceedings of the The 12th Conference of the European Society of Biomechanics, Royal Academy of Medicine in Ireland, ISBN 0-9538809-0-7.
- Anderson FC, Pandy MG. (2001): Dynamic optimization of human walking. J Biomech Eng. 123, 381-390.
- Chaffin DB. (2005): Improving digital human modelling for proactive ergonomics in design. Ergonomics. 48, 478-491.
- The AnyBody Modeling System, version 2.0. AnyBody Technology, www.anybodytech.com, 2006.
- Rasmussen John and Christensen Soeren Toerholm (2005): Musculoskeletal Modeling of Egress with the AnyBody Modeling System. SAE 2005 Transactions Journal of Passenger Cars - Electronic and electrical systems, pp. 822-828.
- Nikravesh, P. E. Computer-Aided Analysis of Mechanical Systems. Englewood Cliff: Prentice-Hall, Inc., 1988
- Vanderplaats, GN (1984): Numerical Optimization Techniques for Engineering Design: With Applications. McGraw-Hill Book Company.