This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Hardware-In-the-Loop Testing of Automotive Control Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 14, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper deals with the methodology implemented by Magneti Marelli and Politecnico di Torino Vehicle Dynamics Research group to develop and verify the software of active chassis and powertrain control systems through a Hardware-In-the-Loop automated procedure. It is a general procedure which can be adopted for all the active chassis control systems, not only for their development but also for the verification of their reliability. The steps of the procedure are described in the first part of the paper. The specific application on which this paper is focused concerns robotized gearboxes.
CitationSorniotti, A., D'Alfio, N., Galvagno, E., Morgando, A. et al., "Hardware-In-the-Loop Testing of Automotive Control Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1962, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-1962.
- Velardocchia M., ‘Driveline Models for Vehicle Dynamics Virtual and Experimental Analysis’, Vehicle and Systems Progress 2005 International Conference, Volgograd.
- D'Alfio N., Morgando A., Sorniotti A., Velardocchia M., ‘Base Model Simulator (BMS) - A Vehicle Dynamics Model to Evaluate Chassis Control Systems Performance’, SAE Paper 2005-01-0401, SAE World Congress 2005, ‘Vehicle Dynamics and Simulation 2005’, ISBN 0-7680-1561-8.
- Velardocchia M., Sorniotti A., ‘Hardware-In-the-Loop to Evaluate Active Braking Systems Performance’, SAE Paper 2005-01-1580, SAE World Congress 2005, ‘Brakes and Electronic Stability Control’, SP 1914, ISBN 0-7680-1559-6.
- D'Alfio N., Morgando A., Sorniotti A., ‘Electro-Hydraulic Brake System: Design and Test through Hardware-In-the-Loop Simulation’, 19th IAVSD Symposium, Dynamics of Vehicles on Road and Tracks, Milan, 2005.
- Sorniotti A., Morgando A., Velardocchia M., ‘Active Roll Control (ARC): System Design through Hardware-In-the-Loop Test Bench’, 19th IAVSD Symposium, Dynamics of Vehicles on Road and Tracks, Milan, 2005.