This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Keyless Message Authentication by Verifying Position and Velocity for Inter-Vehicle Communication
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Inter-vehicle communication is being considered as a means for increasing safety and efficiency in future intelligent highways. However, the security in these future mobile ad hoc networks of vehicles should not be an after thought. The main challenges in developing such security schemes are the highly dynamic environment and the cost restrictions. In this paper, we propose a keyless scheme for message authentication in inter-vehicle communication by verifying the sender’s position and velocity. The approach relies on signal propagation time to authenticate messages being communicated. No infrastructure or dedicated hardware beyond standard GPS is required.
|Technical Paper||Mechanically Dimmable Mirrors|
|Technical Paper||Integrated Rear-view Mirror for Driver Monitoring System|
CitationElhajj, I., Fu, H., Padilla, A., and Aloi, D., "Keyless Message Authentication by Verifying Position and Velocity for Inter-Vehicle Communication," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1582, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-1582.
- Ahmed Benzir Helaly Tanjina Fu Huirong “Secure Routing in Wireless Mobile Ad Hoc Networks without the Support of Key Management Infrastructure” International Conference on Wireless Networks (ICWN’04) Las Vegas, Nevada Jun. 2004
- El Zarki Magda Mehrotra Sharad Tsudik Gene Venkatasubramanian Nalini “Security Issues in a Future Vehicular Network” European Wireless 2002
- Hubaux Jean-Pierre Capkun Srdjan Luo Jun “The Security and Privacy of Smart Vehicles” IEEE Security and Privacy 2004
- Luo Jun Hubaux Jean-Pierre “A Survey of Inter-Vehicle Communication” School of Computer and Communication Sciences Lausanne, Switzerland 2004
- Suen Tina “Ad Hoc Network Security: Peer Identification and Authentication Using Signal Properties” Florida State University 2005
- Glynos D. Kotzanikolaou P. Douligeris C. “Preventing Impersonation Attacks in MANET with Multi-factor Authentication” International Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks Riva del Garda, Trentino, Italy April 2005
- Jacobs S. Corson, M. S. “MANET Authentication Architecture” Internet Draft (draft-jacobs-imepauth-arch- 01.txt) February 1999
- Zhou Lidong Haas Zygmunt J. “Securing Ad Hoc Networks” IEEE Networks Special Issue on Network Security November/December 1999
- Song Joo-Han Wong Vincent W.S. Leung Victor C.M. “A Framework of Secure Location Service for Position-based Ad hoc Routing” PE-WASUN Venezia, Italy October 7 2004
- Lazos Loukas Poovendran Radha “SeRLoc: Secure Range-Independent Localization for Wireless Sensor Networks” ACM Workshop on Wireless Security Philadelphia, PA October 1 2004
- Golle Philippe Greene Dan Staddon Jessica “Detecting and Correcting Malicious Data in VANETs” ACM International Workshop on Vehicular Ad hoc Networks Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 2004
- Capkun Srdjan Hubaux Jean-Pierre “Securing Position and Distance Verification in Wireless Networks” May 2004
- Misra Pratap Enge Per Global Positioning System, Signals, Measurement and Performance Ganga_Jamuna Press 2004