This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a Lightweight Sound Package for 2006 Brand-New Vehicle Categorized as C
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes an effective method of developing a soundproof package, which balances both light weight and high noise insulation performance. Since it is required to propose design of sound insulator in the early stages of the development, the hybrid statistical energy analysis (SEA) modeling method is applied, which is practical for high frequency analysis. Also an acoustic characteristic estimation technique of the multi layer structures is used. As a result of applying these effective methods, the 2006 brand-new vehicle categorized as C has enhanced in road noise quietness and decreased in weight as compared with the previous model.
CitationNoguchi, Y., Doi, T., Tada, H., and Misaji, K., "Development of a Lightweight Sound Package for 2006 Brand-New Vehicle Categorized as C," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0710, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-0710.
- Misaji, K., et al. Testing Uniqueness of Hybrid SEA Modeling Solution for a Passenger Car 2003 SAE Noise & Vibration Conference & Exhibition 2003-01-1408
- Misaji, K., et al. Hybrid SEA Modeling Scheme for Analysis of High-frequency Noise in Passenger Cars Review of Automotive Engineering JSAE 26 No. 1 January 2005 JSAE20054023
- Misaji, K., et al. Prediction of SEA Input Parameters for the Sound Package 2003 SAE World Congress 2003-01-1022
- Misaji, K. Tada, H. Noguchi, Y. Kuruhara, Y. Yamashita, T. Prediction of Vehicle SEA Model Input Parameters for a Sound Package Honda R&D Technical Review 15 No. 1
- Misaji, Saito Kuruhara, Yamashita Analysis of Vehicle Road-Noise Using Statistical Energy Analysis JSAE Conference, No.71–99, 9939730 1999