This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Kinematic Analysis of Chordal Action and Transmission Errors of Silent Chains
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper investigates the chordal action and transmission errors of a simple silent chain system. The chordal action analysis is based on the tooth contact analysis of the chain with the driving sprocket. Chordal action of different contact patterns is compared. The result indicates that chordal action of the case in which at most two link pates are in contact is significantly reduced. The transmission error analysis is based the tooth contact analysis of the chain with both the driving and driven sprockets. The result shows how the angular motion of the driven sprocket deviates while the driving sprocket rotates at a constant speed.
|Technical Paper||Analysis of Noise in Silent Chain Drives|
|Technical Paper||Determination of Impact Stresses in an Automotive Chain Drive Component|
|Technical Paper||32 Development of Silent Chain Drive System for Motorcycles|
CitationHuang, C., Lin, K., and Kosasih, L., "Kinematic Analysis of Chordal Action and Transmission Errors of Silent Chains," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0619, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-0619.
- Bucknor, N. K. 1991 “Kinematic and Static Force Analysis of Silent Chain Drives,” Doctoral Dissertation Columbia University New York
- Hall, W. C. 1986 “Getting the Most from Silent Chain,” Power Transmission Design BC21 BC24
- Huang, C Kosasih, L. Huang, C-C. 2005 “The Tooth Contact Analysis of Round Pin Jointed Silent Chains,” Proceedings of the ASME 2005 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences Long Beach, CA.
- Litvin, F. L. 1994 Gear Geometry and Applied Theory Prentice Hall New Jersey
- Matsuda, A. 2001 “Silent Chain with Inner Flank Engagement Links and Sprocket Having Teeth with Matching Surfaces,”
- McCarty, A. M. Stevenson, R. 1978 “Higher Load and Speed Limits for Silent Chain,” Machine Design 121 125
- Moorhouse, A. 1940 “Chain Drive,”
- Morse Product Catalog United States of America
- Ramsey Online Product Catalog United States of America
- Ramsey, J. H. 1924 “Silent Chain,”
- Riopellele, E. F. et al. 1955 “Power Transmission Chain Drive,”