This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Virtual and Experimental Analysis of Brake Assist Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper deals with the virtual and experimental analysis of two commercial Mechanical Brake Assist systems. They are described in detail, then modeled and experimentally evaluated through a Hardware-In-the-Loop test bench and road tests. Three different kinds of drivers are compared, from the point of view of the performance increase promised by Brake Assist during an emergency brake maneuver. The three driver types are based on the measurement of the behavior of real drivers, as it is presented in specific research activities in literature.
CitationSorniotti, A., "Virtual and Experimental Analysis of Brake Assist Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0477, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-0477.
- Yoshida H. Sugitani T. ‘Development of the Brake Assist System’ SAE Paper 980601
- Tinchi Pang P. Agnew D. ‘Brake System Component Characterization for System Response Performance: a System Level Test Method and Associated Theoretical Correlation’ SAE Paper 2004-01-0726
- Feigel H. J. Schonlau J. ‘Mechanical Brake Assist - A Potential New Standard Safety Feature’ SAE Paper 1999-01-0480
- Limpert R. ‘Brake Design and Safety’ SAE International 2001
- King M. O. Wang N. ‘New Generation Foundation Brake Development’ SAE Paper 871247
- Sorniotti A. ‘Hardware In the Loop with Anti-lock Braking System and Electronic Stability Program’ SAE Paper 2004-01-2062
- Sorniotti A. Velardocchia M. ‘A Procedure to Analyze Automotive Braking Systems Performance’ Automotive Safety Conference 2002 Volgograd Technical University
- D'Alfio N. Morgando A. Sorniotti A. Velardocchia M. ‘Base Model Simulator (BMS) - A Vehicle Dynamics Model to Evaluate Chassis Control Systems Performance’ SAE Paper 2005-01-0401
- Burckhardt, Manfred ‘Reaction Times in Emergency Brake Maneuvers’ Verlag TUV Rheinland Germany 1985
- Alleaume S. Thomas C. Perron T. Le Coz J. Y. ‘Emergency Braking Patterns prior to Real World Crashes’ FISITA World Automotive Congress 1998 Paris, France
- Velardocchia M. Sorniotti A. ‘Hardware-In-the-Loop to Evaluate Active Braking Systems Performance’ SAE Paper 2005-01-1580