This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Applicability Investigation of Ethanol Gasoline for Motorcycles
Published October 12, 2005 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Annotation ability available
Ethanol Gasoline Mixture Fuel was being promoted in China. Ethanol as substitute fuel could save such nature resource that cannot be regenerated. At the same time, ethanol also has potential harm to engine body along with possible power loss. There were totally 9 motorcycles of 3 different types had been selected in this paper. Those sample vehicles were divided into two groups, one group was fueled with E10 ethanol blended gasoline. as comparison, pure gasoline fuel was used in the other one group. It was found that E10 could help sample vehicles reduce CO and HC exhaust emission, top speed will be reduce 2% to 5% and pistons scrape had been found in two stroke motorcycles.
CitationNing, L., Manqun, L., Bin, J., Yongguang, Z. et al., "Applicability Investigation of Ethanol Gasoline for Motorcycles," SAE Technical Paper 2005-32-0053, 2005.
- He Bang Quan, Wang Jian-Xin, Hao Ji-Ming, Yan Xiao-Guang, Xiao Jian-Hua, A study on emission characteristics of an EFI engine with ethanol blended gasoline fuels, Atmospheric Environment 37 (2003) 949- 957PoulopoulosS.,
- Z E R V A S E., Emission of Alcohols and Carbonyl Compounds from a Spark Ignition Engine. Influence of Fuel and Air/Fuel Equivalence Ratio, Environ. Sci. Technol.2002, 36,2414-2421
- Z E R V A S E., Emissions of Regulated Pollutants from a Spark Ignition Engine. Influence of Fuel and Air/Fuel Equivalence Ratio, Environ. Sci. Technol.2003, 37,3232-3238
- PhilippopoulosC.. Influence of MTBE addition into gasoline on automotive exhaust emissions[J].Atmospheric Environment,2000,34:4781
- Adam Gillian, Gamoh Keiji, MorrisDavid G., Duncan Harry. Effect of alcohol addition on the movement of petroleum hydrocarbon fuels in soil[J].The Science of the Total Environment, 2002,286:15-17.
- Al-HasanM.. Effect of ethanol-unleaded gasoline blends on engine performance and exhaust emission [J]. Energy Conversion and Management,2003,44: 1547-1561.