Valve Train Dynamic Analysis and Digital Data Based Manufacturing of the Valve Spring
Published October 12, 2005 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Annotation of this paper is available
For the development of engine valve springs it is highly required to establish valve train dynamic analysis method in order to predict durability and dynamic performance of springs in the design stage. On the other hand, in order to meet the demand for the reduction in time of prototyping, production technology that materializes spring design fulfilling requirements in short period is essential. To overcome these problems, we have developed and integrated valve spring design system, valve train dynamic analysis system and a digital data based production support system. With the help of those one can evaluate performance and durability of valve springs at working state in the design stage and realize specifications accurately in the production.
CitationGotoh, T., Takashima, Y., Mizuno, T., Wakita, M. et al., "Valve Train Dynamic Analysis and Digital Data Based Manufacturing of the Valve Spring," SAE Technical Paper 2005-32-0046, 2005.
- OzawaA., KodamaT., HondaY. and WakabayashiK.: Society of automotive engineers of Japan, 20015529,No.78-01
- Du H.Y.lsasc and Chen Jia-Shiun: SAE Technical paper series, No.2001-01-0909
- Zeischka Johann: Global Powertrain Congress 1998 Cobo Hall Detroit, Michigan October 6-8,1998
- kubomotoI., IshidaE., IritaniT., TsujiuchiN. and koizumiT.: The Japan society of mechanical engineers, No.99-1117
- KinD., KinS., KinT., Sou and Ree: Technical reports of JSSR spring meeting, 2002,P13
- KajiwaraS., YoshitakeK.: Society of automotive engineers of Japan, 20025505 No.112-02
- TakashimaY., GotoT.: Technical reports of JSSR spring meeting, 2004,P21
- ShibataM.: Transactions of Japan Society for Spring Research, No14 1969,P55
- HasegawaK.: SAE Technical paper series, No.2002-01-0318
- OkuraS.: The Japan society of mechanical engineers, 2002,No254, P5