This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Japan Land Engine Manufacturers Association's Voluntary Regulation of Exhaust Emissions from Compression Ignition Engines of Less than 19kW
Published October 12, 2005 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Annotation ability available
Japan Land Engine Manufacturers Association (LEMA) will apply its own voluntary regulation of the exhaust emissions of hydro-carbons (HC), oxides of nitrogen (NOx), and carbon monoxides (CO) from compression ignition engines of less than 19kW produced by LEMA member companies for domestic market. This paper introduces the progress of this voluntary regulation, explanation of the contents, and member organizations' technologies for compression ignition engines of less than 19kW.
- Hidenori HATTORI - ISEKI MATSUYAMA MFG. CO., LTD.
- Yoshiharu YAMAGUCHI - KUBOTA Corporation
- Yoichi KATAOKA - MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- Kazuo KURATA - YANMAR CO., LTD.
- Isao KONAGAYA - ISHIKAWAJIMA-SIBAURA MACHINERY CO., LTD.
- Hideki TANAKA - FUJI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD.
- Yosuke MORIMOTO - Japan Land Engine Manufacturers Association
CitationHATTORI, H., YAMAGUCHI, Y., KATAOKA, Y., KURATA, K. et al., "Japan Land Engine Manufacturers Association's Voluntary Regulation of Exhaust Emissions from Compression Ignition Engines of Less than 19kW," SAE Technical Paper 2005-32-0038, 2005.
- Central Environmental Council. “Future Policy for Motor Vehicle. Exhaust Emission Reduction (Sixth Report).” 6.30.2003. [Japanese]
- Hirai H.. “Estimating of Emissions from Nonroad Engines.” JARI Research Journal (12.2004) [Japanese]
- EPA:40CFR Part89.
- “PFR-CTD and Proposed Injection Characteristics for Emission Reduction.” Zexel-Tech Review No. 6. [Japanese]
- Aketa M.. “Scenario for improvement in thermal efficiency and reduction of emissions-Scenario of Small Universal Diesel Engines for the 21st Century.” JSME No.97-88, 1997. [Japanese]
- Okazaki T., Sugimoto M., Fujii S., Kabe Y., Funaki K., Sakano T.. “Development of Small IDI Engine Using Numerical Approaches” SETC 2004, 2004-32-0054.