This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Up-gradation of IDI Engine Combustion for 3-Wheeler Application to meet 2005 BS-II Emission Norms
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 23, 2005 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Mobility Engineering Congress & Exposition 2005 - SAE India Technology for Emerging Markets
This paper deals with the design modifications and extensive combustion optimisation performed on a single cylinder IDI diesel engine to meet 2005 Bharat Stage II Emission Norms for 3-wheeler application. Paper describes detailed study of parameters like nozzle position, nozzle opening pressure, pre-chamber geometry, volume distribution, glow plug location, glow duration, dynamic injection timing pattern, gear shifting pattern, etc. Use of simulation code is described correlating steady state engine dynamometer and chassis dynamometer performance, which proved a substantial time saving during optimisation. Qualitative analysis of influence of different road-load equations on tail pipe emissions is also discussed.
- M Delia Valle - Lombardini Srl, Reggio Emilia, Italy
- H P Shashishekar - Lombardini India Pvt. Ltd., Aurangabad, India
- P G Bhat - Engine Development Laboratory, The Automotive Research Association of India, Pune, India
- D R Nene - Engine Development Laboratory, The Automotive Research Association of India, Pune, India
- N V Marathe - Engine Development Laboratory, The Automotive Research Association of India, Pune, India
CitationBhat, P., Nene, D., Marathe, N., Delia Valle, M. et al., "Up-gradation of IDI Engine Combustion for 3-Wheeler Application to meet 2005 BS-II Emission Norms," SAE Technical Paper 2005-26-360, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-26-360.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Greeves G Wang C H T “Origin of Diesel Particulate Mass Emission” SAE Paper 810260
- French G R Scott W M “Giving the IDI Diesel a Fresh Start” SAE Paper 850452
- Kumar M N Peshave M D Roy R Soustelle O “Design and Development of 1.4L IDI Diesel Engine” SAE Paper 990049
- Tateishi M Imoto K Inenaga N Ishikawa H Harada S “New Combustion System of the IDI Diesel Engine” SAE Paper 841081
- Tamura H Hashimoto M Maekawa M Imoto K “New System of IDI Diesel Engine for Passenger Car Application” SAE Paper 890262
- Greeves G Wang C H T Partridge I M Black J R “Improvements to Indirect Injection Diesel Combustion” I MechE Paper C41/88