This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design of a Digital Electronic Fuel Injection System for Gasoline Direct Injection in a Two Stroke Cycle Spark Ignition Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 23, 2005 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Mobility Engineering Congress & Exposition 2005 - SAE India Technology for Emerging Markets
This paper describes the design of a digital electronic fuel injection system for a gasoline direct injection (GDI) two stroke cycle spark ignition engine. The aim of the design is to improve the performance and emission characteristics of the carbureted two stroke cycle spark ignition engine by reducing the scavenging losses. Experiments were conducted under carburetor and GDI modes upto 80% of the throttle opening. It was observed that the BSFC, unburnt HC and CO emissions are reduced in the GDI mode. Also there is an improvement in the engine power output. It was also observed that the simple manual digital electronic fuel injection system has a considerable flexibility for controlling and displaying the fuel injection control parameters and is useful for experimental investigations on engine fixed beds in laboratories.
CitationWani, M., Babu, M., and Bhatti, T., "Design of a Digital Electronic Fuel Injection System for Gasoline Direct Injection in a Two Stroke Cycle Spark Ignition Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2005-26-359, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-26-359.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Ahern C.J. Tarter J.H. Wolber W.G. “The EFI-Control-Unit Final Test Station” SAE paper No. 760244 1976
- Carley D.R. “Microprocessors in Automotive Electronics” RCA Engineer Oct. Nov. 1979
- Franco A etal “Development of two stroke engines with direct injection” SAE Paper No. 951776
- Nuti Marco etal “Twenty years of Piaggio direct injection research to mass produced solution for small 2T spark ignition engines” SAE Paper No. 980760
- Johnson William P. etal “Electronic Direct fuel injection for small two stroke engines” JSAE Paper No.9938067
- Morikawa Koji etal “A study of exhaust emission control for direct fuel injection two stroke engines” JSAE Paper No.9938042
- Khatri D.S. Ramesh A. Babu M.K.G. “Comparative studies on the idling performance of a three cylinder passenger car engine fitted with a carburetor and a single point electronic gasoline fuel injection system with D.S.Khatri and A.Ramesh SAE paper 971 615