This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Rollover Crash Analysis of the RTV Using Madymo
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 19, 2005 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Event: SIAT 2005
A full vehicle model of the Rural Transport Vehicle (RTV) is developed in MADYMO including steering, tire and suspension. A torque controller is simulated to maintain set speed of the RTV in simulations. The suspension characteristics were validated using experimental accelerations measured over bumps. The model is used to predict rollover limits using Slowly Increasing Steer, J-Turn, and Road Edge Recovery maneuvers. The rollover limits under three different loading states, RTV without passengers, with unrestrained and with restrained passengers have been studied.
CitationMukherjee, S., Chawla, A., Nayak, A., and Mohan, D., "Rollover Crash Analysis of the RTV Using Madymo," SAE Technical Paper 2005-26-061, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-26-061.
- Howe, J. G. Garrott, W. R. Forkenbrock, G.J. “An Experimental Examination of Selected Maneuvers that may Induce On-Road Untripped, Light Vehicle Rollover-Phase I-B C 1997–1998” Vehicle Rollover Research Program, Docket No. 01-06-GR 2001
- Forkenbrock, G. J. Garrott, W. R. “A Comprehensive Exprensive Experimental Evaluation of Test Maneuvers that may Induce On-Road Untripped, Light Vehicle Rollover” Phase IV of NHTSA’s light vehicle roll research program 2002
- Gawade, T Mukherjee, S. Mohan, D. “Rollover Propensity of Three-wheel Scooter Taxis” SAE paper 2004-01-1622
- Hinch, J. Klein, T. Shadel, S. “Relationship between Vehicle Rollover Propensity and Vehicle Roll Stability Factors” 13 th ESV Conference 1991
- Lupker, H., et al. “Advances in MADYMO crash simulations, Side Impact Occupant Protection Technologies’” SAE Special Publications 135 146 1991
- Forkenbrock, G. J. Garrott, W. R. Boyd, P. “An Over View of NHTSA’s Recent Light Vehicle Dynamic Rollover Propensity Research and Consumer Information Program” ESV paper 488 2003