This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
SPARK IGNITION ENGINE PERFORMANCE USING SEVERAL ALCOHOL CONCENTRATIONS IN GASOLINE AND CNG
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 22, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this work an analysis of the performance of a multi-fuel engine fuelled allowing for the concentration of alcohol in gasoline and the use of CNG. The engine used was a four cylinder, 1.242-L, multi-fuel engine in full load, respecting the air/fuel rate established by the manufactures in the engine original calibration. A CNG BRC 5th generation multi-point fuel injection system was installed in order to run with CNG. The calibration and adjustments were made using a development engine control unit for the different fuels. This work presents a comparison among the performance curves aiming to obtain the best relation among torque, power and specific fuel consumption for the various proposed configurations.
CitationAmorim, R., Valle, R., Baeta, J., Barros, J. et al., "SPARK IGNITION ENGINE PERFORMANCE USING SEVERAL ALCOHOL CONCENTRATIONS IN GASOLINE AND CNG," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-4138, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-4138.
- BAÊTA, José Guilherme Coelho “A new concept of a flex multi-fuel engine” Society of Automotive Engineering, Inc. 2004
- MoTeC MoTeC M4 Pro specifications http://www.motec.com/products/ecu/m4_tech.htm Jan 2004
- Jun 1996 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 26
- BAÊTA, José Guilherme Coelho “Mapping procedure applied to general engine management system for spark plug engines” Society of Automotive Engineering, Inc. 2004
- STONE, Richard “Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines” Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. PA, USA 1993 2nd 574
- WARK, Kenneth “Thermodynamics” 1999 McGraw-Hill USA 6th 1164
- PULKRABEK, Willard W. “Engineering Fundamentals of the Internal Combustion Engine” 1997 Prentice-Hall, Inc. USA 411