This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Automotive Audio System Development
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 22, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Vehicle audio system performance is an important attribute for final costumers. In this sense, its evaluation is an important aspect for selecting the design and validation process for automobile manufacturers. Usually the vehicle audio system performance is evaluated only by subjective judgment. However the design requirements demands objective measurements to set targets establish benchmarking and apply refinements to the design. Thus, in order to evaluate and improve sound system performance, it has been established a subjective evaluation process on reproducing and analyzing customer perception in a more reliable way. To support this information, objective evaluations have been used based on total harmonic distortion (THD), normalized frequency response (NFR) methods and spectrogram, which have been shown as straight and fast objective tools. Reinforcing the objective evaluations, qualitative time-frequency spectrogram has been used.
|Technical Paper||Low-Cost Audio for Automobiles|
|Technical Paper||Dynamometer Testing of a Formula 1 Engine: The Equipment, Procedures and Problems|
|Technical Paper||Integration of Physical and Virtual Prototypes|
Citationde Castro, M., Ferraz, F., and Huallpa, B., "Automotive Audio System Development," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-4053, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-4053.
- Ziemba Mark Measurement and Evaluation of Distortion in Vehicle Audio Systems SAE TECHNICAL PAPER SERIES 2001-01-0013 , SAE 2001 World Congress Detroit, Michigan March 5-8 2001
- Kinsler, L.E. et all Fundamentals of Acoustics John Wiley & Sons Third 1982
- Ford Motor Company CORPORATE ENGINEERING TEST PROCEDURE Functional Attribute Rating of Vehicles
- Ford Motor Company CORPORATE ENGINEERING TEST PROCEDURE Acoustics - In Vehicle Audio System Performance
- Ford Motor Company requirement ACOUSTICS - IN VEHICLE AUDIO SYSTEM SOUND PERFORMANCE
- Gedds E. Blind H. The Localized Sound Power Method J. Audio Eng. Soc. 34 3 1986 March
- HEAD acoustic GmbH manual HMS III.1 HEAD Measurement System 1998