This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Off-Road Suspension Design
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 22, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper consists in a definition and analysis of rear suspension geometry to an off-road vehicle. The suspension selection was accomplished through the study of its geometric characteristics to design its dimensions and position of installation in the vehicle according to the expected behavior. The current suspension of the vehicle, on the front and rear axles, was analysed for understanding its dynamic behavior. The vehicle submitted to analysis was a “Mini-Baja”, off-road prototype, which is used to run nationals competitions between engineering colleges. Its top speed is 50 km/h and its turn diameter is 8.2 m.
- Luiz Carlos Gertz - Universidade Luterana do Brasil
- Leonardo Martelo - própria
- Rafael Antônio Comparsi Laranja - Universidade Luterana do Brasil
- Charles Rech - Universidade Luterana do Brasil
- Alexandre Balbinot - Universidade Luterana do Brasil
- Valner João Brusamarello - Universidade Luterana do Brasil
CitationGertz, L., Martelo, L., Laranja, R., Rech, C. et al., "An Off-Road Suspension Design," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-4024, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-4024.
- Gillespie, T. D. “Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics” Society os Automotive Engineers SAE 1992
- Adams, H. “Chassis Engineering - Chassis Design, Building & Tuning for High Performance Handling”
- Stroes, G “Suspension Tech” http://www.e30m3performance.com/tech_articles.htm September 2004
- Melconian, S. Tatuapé, Érica 2000
- Nicolazzi, L. C. Rosa, E. Leal, L. C. M. Mechanical Engineer Department of UFSC Florianópolis 2001
- Halliday, R. W. Rio de Janeiro 1996
- Laranja, R. A. C. ULBRA Canoas 2004
- Ayre, R. S. “Transient Response to Step and Pulse Functions” Harris C. M. Shock and ibration Handbook McGraw-Hill New York 1995
- Canale, A. São Paulo, Érica 1989
- Faires, V. M. Rio de Janeiro 1985
- Shigley, J. E. Uicker J. J. Jr. Pennock, G. R. “Theory of Machines and Mechanisms” Oxford University Press Oxford 2003