This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Study on Vehicle Braking Transient Thermal Field Based on Fast Finite Element Method Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 09, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Based on studying the rules of the energy transfer and dissipation during the vehicle braking, the braking dissipation energy's distribution is calculated. The phase transfer method in the time region is applied to analyze the thermal boundary conditions of friction region. The friction energy is equivalent to the heat flux and the thermal-mechanic coupling question is decoupled. In this paper, by establishing the fast finite element simulation method the transient character of the energy dissipation coefficient, thermal exchange coefficient, and radiation coefficient are considered. Moreover, the transient temperature field is simulated by the method and validated by the experiment test.
|Technical Paper||Underhood Cooling Simulation for Development of New Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||Advances in Automated Coupling of CFD and Radiation|
|Technical Paper||Optimal Sound Package Design Using Statistical Energy Analysis|
CitationLiang, L., Jian, S., and Xuele, Q., "Study on Vehicle Braking Transient Thermal Field Based on Fast Finite Element Method Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-3945, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-3945.
- Rhee S. K. Jacho M.G. Tsang P. H. S. The Role of Friction, War, and Noise of Automotive Brakes SAE Paper, No. 9004 1990
- Zhenhua Lu Chang QI Finite element simulation of thermoelastic coupling characteristics of automotive drum brake Journal of Mechanical Strength 2003 25 4 401 407
- Hohmann. C. Schiffner. K. Oerter. K Reese. H Contact analysis for drum brakes and disk brakes using ADINA Computers & Structures 72 1-3 July 8 1999 185 198
- Ji-Hoon Choi In Lee Finite element analysis of transient thermoelastic behaviors in disk brakes Wear 257 1-2 July 2004 47 58
- Park Hyundal Yun Howook Research on the Uneven Wear by Non-uniform Friction Film Formation of Brake Disc
- Gao C.H. Lin Transient temperature field analysis of a brake in a non-axisymmetric three-dimensional model Journal of Materials Processing Technology 129 1-3 October 11 2002 513 517