This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Nano Combustion Improving and Residue Reducing Fuel Additive
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 24, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
To improve fuel oil's combustion properties, save energy and reduce pollution, the metal nanoparticles modified by C-12 fatty acids have been prepared. The dispersion capacities of these modified nanoparticles in liquid paraffin oil were examined, and were characterized by X-ray powder diffraction (XRD), transmission electron microscopy (TEM), Fourier transform infrared spectrum (FTIR), Differential thermal analysis (DTA) and Thermogravimetry (TG). The results show they possess similar crystal structure as organic shell, and average particle diameters, which are in agreement with their excellent oil-solubilities. Moreover, the properties of the modified MLN additives in boiler fuel were evaluated by means of oxygen bomb relative method as regards energy saving and residual products lowering. The results show that the efficiency of combustion and decrement of residual products for fuels were improved to different degree. Therefore, notable economic and social benefits are brought.
CitationJianqiang, H. and Guanglong, L., "A Nano Combustion Improving and Residue Reducing Fuel Additive," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-3675, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-3675.
- Wright R. 1996
- Chahavorty D. Giri A.K. Chemistry for the 2 1st Century Oxford Blacwell Scientific Publication London 1993 217
- Panchapakesan B. DeVoe D. L. Widmaier M. R. Cavicchi R. Semancik S. Nanotechnology 2001 12 336
- Arana J. de la Piscina P.R. Llorca J. Sales J. Homs N. Fierro J.L.G. Chem. Mater. 10 1998 1333 1342
- Majetich S.A. Jin Y. Science 284 1999 470 473
- Black C.T. Murray C.B. Sandstrom R.L. Sun S. Science 290 2000 1131 1134
- Zhou J. Yang J. Zhang Z. Liu W. Xue Q. Mater. Res. Bull. 34 9 1999 1361 1367
- Chen S. Liu W. Yu L. Wear 218 1998 153 158
- Liu W. Chen S. Wear 238 2000 120 124
- Zhang Z. Liu W. Xue Q. Wear 248 2001 48 54
- Standard Test Method for Heat of Combustion of Liquid Hydrocarbon Fuels by Bomb Calorimeter