This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of New Hydraulic Fluids Specifications for Construction Machinery
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 01, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Hydraulic fluid (HF) specifications for mobile construction equipment called JCMAS HK and HKB have been established by the Fuels and Lubricants Committee of Japan Construction Mechanization Association (JCMA). The specifications are designated by two viscosity categories of single grade and multigrade.
Each category has ISO viscosity grade (VG) 32 and 46. The JCMAS HK oils are recommended for use in hydraulic systems designed at pressure up to 34.3MPa(5000psi) and to heat hydraulic fluid up to 100 °C. These oils also provide wear control, friction performance, oxidation and rust protection, seal swell control and filterability performance. Two piston pump test procedures were developed to evaluate lubricating performance of these oils under high pressure conditions. The JACMAS HKB oils are classified as environmentally friendly oils due to the additional requirement for biodegradability.
- Satoshi Ohkawa - Komatsu Ltd.
- Yutaka Touji - Kobelco Construction Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Genroku Sugiyama - Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Tsunejiryo Seno - Kubota Corporation
- Kimihiko Ogura - Shin Caterpillar Mitsubishi Ltd.
- Hiroshi Ishiyama - Sumitomo Construction Machinery Co., Ltd.
- Hiroyasu Kodera - Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Masato Nagao - Tadano Ltd.
- Hitoshi Hamaguchi - Degussa Japan Co., Ltd.
- Hiroaki Tauchi - Giken Seisakusho Co., Ltd.
- Shinichi Mitsumoto - Nippon Oil Corporation
- Yoshitaka Shiraga - Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd.
- Akihiro Mochizuki - Chevron Texaco Japan Ltd.
- Masao Seki - Afton Chemical Japan Corporation
- Hirohiko Ootsu - Showa Shell Sekiyu K.K.
- Hirohito Hasegawa - Lubrizol Japan Limited
- Hironori Nishina - NOK Corporation
- Hiroshi Kosodo - Takako Industries Inc.
- Tomoki Ando - Kayaba Industry Co., Ltd.
- Nobuhiko Shizuka - NOF Corporation
CitationOhkawa, S., Touji, Y., Sugiyama, G., Seno, T. et al., "Development of New Hydraulic Fluids Specifications for Construction Machinery," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-3574, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-3574.
- Ohkawa, S. “New Specification Development of Hydraulic Oil and Grease for Construction Equipment” Proceedings of the 10 th Annual Fuels and Lubes Asia Conference Shanghai March 2-5 2004
- Ohkawa, S. Konishi, A. Hatano, H Voss, D. “Piston Pump Failures in Various Type Hydraulic Fluids” 2001
- Ohkawa, S. Konishi, K. Hatano, H. Ishihama, K. Tanaka, K. Iwamura, M. “Oxidation and Corrosion Characteristics of Vegetable-Base Biodegradable Hydraulic Oils” SAE Paper 951038 1995
- Konishi, A. Ohkawa, S. Namba, M. Nakamoto, N. Yoshida, T. “Development of High Performance. Biodegradable Hydraulic Oil for Construction Equipment” SAE Paper 971632 1997