This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Cornering Control Model for Driver in Drift Cornering
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 07, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In this study, a steering model and vehicle velocity control model were applied for a driver in drift cornering in order to maintain an intentional drift angle at the time of cornering.
The driver was assumed to steer based on feedback from the body slip angle and the body slip velocity during drift cornering. It is found that the driver not only controls the drift angle at the time of the drift cornering but also controls the turn radius by changing vehicle velocity. Moreover, at the return from drift cornering to the straightaway, feedback is based on not only the body slip angle but also the body slip angle velocity, which is differentiated steer based on the phase is advanced.
CitationNozaki, H., "Cornering Control Model for Driver in Drift Cornering," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-3471, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-3471.
- Amano, Y. Nagiri, S. Hada, Y. Doi, S. “A Driver Behavior Model in Emergency Situations” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (JSME) 65 632 282 288 1999
- Sugasawa, F. “Study on Driver Model for Counter Steer at Vehicle Spinning” Proc. of Socity of Automotive Engineers of Japan, Inc (JSAE) Annual Congress 6-02 7 10 2002
- Nozaki, H. “About the Driver Steer Model and the Improvement Technique of vehicle Movement Performance at the Drift Cornering” Proc. of AVEC'02 20024589 671 676 2002
- Fiala, E. 1954 29 11 1954
- Shimura, A. Yoshida K. “Acquisition of Car Cornering Operation by Mean of Neural Networks and Genetic Algorithms” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (JSME) 66 642 586 591 2000
- Allen R.W. et al. “Analysis and Computer Simulation of Driver/Vehicle Interaction” SAE Paper, 871086 1987
- Doi, S. Nagiri, S. Amano, Y. “Analysis of Active Safety Performance of Automobile Based on Driving Maneuvers in Emergent Situations” TOYOTA Laboratory R&D Review 33 1 31 38 1998
- Amano, Y. Hada, M. Doi, S. “Amodel of Driver's Behavior in Ordinary and Emergent Situations” TOYOTA Laboratory R&D Review 33 1 23 30 1998
- Kageyama, I. Watanabe, Y. “On a modeling for Man-Machine System with Neural Network” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers (JSME) 59 563 2213 2217 1993
- Nagiri, S. “An Experimental Analysis of Avoidance Maneuver in Emergency Condition” TOYOTA Laboratory R&D Review 30 3 67 78 1995
- Nagiri, S. Takei, K. Doi, S. “Performance Analysis and Database of Driving Maneuvers Using Driving Simulator” TOYOTA Laboratory R&D Review 33 1 13 22 1998
- Horiuchi, S. Yuhara, N. “An Analytical Approach to the Prediction of Vehicle Handling Qualities Using Multi-Input Driver Model” Proc. of AVEC'96 1001 1016 1996