This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Trace Contaminant Dynamics Simulation Model for TCRS Design Concept
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 11, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper deals with the development of the Trace Contaminant Dynamics Simulation Model (TCDSM) intended for the design concept of Trace Contaminants Removal System (TCRS) in development of a Space Vehicle Manned Pressurized Module (PM).
The formalized description of the TCDSM includes the nonlinear equations of mass balance for the specific contaminants and the formalized descriptions of the contaminants sources and sinks. The crew and the PM non-metallic structural materials are main sources of contaminants.
The air environments of the docking resupply (RSV) and crew-carrying space vehicles (CCSV) are the additional sources and sinks of the contaminants.
The formalized description of the TCRS as the main sink of the contaminants takes into account the specific contaminants removal features based on the distribution factors defining its adsorptive capacity.
The solubility of the specific contaminants in an atmospheric condensate, partial substitution of atmosphere during the dockings and extra-vehicular activity (EVU) and the removal of contaminants by other systems (for example, the Carbon Dioxide Removal System (CDRS) determine the design output of the TCRS.
The initial data, formalized description and software implementation of the TCDSM are reviewed.
CitationKurmazenko, E., Samsonov, N., Gavrilov, L., Farafonov, N. et al., "Trace Contaminant Dynamics Simulation Model for TCRS Design Concept," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2861, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-2861.
- Kurmazenko E.A. Dokunin I.V. Fomichev A.A. Matjushev T.V. Saloshenko N.V. A Complex Simulation Model of Human’s Organism as Link of Space Vehicle Ecological and Technical System SAE Techn. Ser. # 951531
- Kurmazenko EA Dokunin IV Khabarovsky NN Crew Simulation Model for the Metabolism Analysis with a Space Vehicle Habit Proc. of 2nd Digital Human Modeling Conference Minich, Germany 2002
- Savina V.P. Kuznetsova T.I. Trace contaminant sources and their toxicological evaluaiton Space Biology 42 Moscow, Nauka 1980
- Crew environment Moscow, Standards 1995
- Perry J. L. The Interaction of Spacecraft Cabin Atmospheric Quality and Water Processing System Performance. SAE Techn. Ser. # 2002-01-300