This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Achieving Diesel Vehicle Appeal Part 1: Vehicle NVH Perspective
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 16, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper describes a diesel vehicle NVH development process which has been applied to achieve a number of best in class products in the European diesel marketplace. It focuses upon:
- Key diesel vehicle NVH issues
- Critical success factors in the NVH development process
- NVH methodologies, tools and techniques which support this process
Case studies using results taken largely from a luxury sedan vehicle development program are used to highlight the issues and to demonstrate the success of this process in achieving a vehicle with high diesel appeal.
The paper concludes with an insight of how this process is being adapted and refocused to reflect the anticipated requirements of the potential US diesel vehicle marketplace.
CitationMarch, J., Strong, G., Gregory, S., and Rediers, B., "Achieving Diesel Vehicle Appeal Part 1: Vehicle NVH Perspective," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2484, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-2484.
- Minimising Turbocharger Whoosh SAE 2005-01-2485 Ward A. March J.
- Achieving Diesel Vehicle Appeal, Part 2: Powertrain NVH Perspective SAE 2005-01-2489 March J. Bennett C. Towalski C. Ward A.
- Diesel Powertrain Sound Quality - Aachener Kolloquium Fahrzeug- und Motorentechnik 2004 Leonhard T. Heinrichs R. Dr. Bürger Karl-Heinz Dr.
- Achieving a Vehicle Level Sound Quality Target by a Cascade to System Level Noise and Vibration Targets SAE 2005-01-2394 Mori T. Takaoka A. Maunder M.