This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling and Analysis of an Automatic Transmission Internal Gear Oil Pump with Cavitation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 16, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the modeling and simulation of an oil pump with cavitating surroundings. It follows an intensive study for the reduction of the pump operating noise. After presenting the general approach of modeling pumps, the interest goes on the load made of hydraulic lines and a pressure regulator. By comparison to experimental results the pump model is validated and then simplified when including the main dynamics of the system. The study of the physical phenomena, thanks to linear analysis tools brings a perfect understanding of the system behavior, essential for its optimization. The whole work was performed on the AMESim environment, an efficient tool for the simulation of dynamic engineering systems, and more particularly of fluid power and mechanical systems.
CitationNeyrat, S., Orand, N., and Jonquet, D., "Modeling and Analysis of an Automatic Transmission Internal Gear Oil Pump with Cavitation," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2448, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-2448.
- “Analyse théorique et expérimentale du comportement dynamique d'une EVM - Application à la BVA” FAVENNEC G. Renault LEBRUN M. UCBL OBERT J. Renault 1999
- “How to create good models without writing a single line of code” LEBRUN M. RICHARDS C.W. 5 th scandinavian International Conference on Fluid Power Linköping Sweden May 28-29 1997
- “Etude de caractérisation du bruit de la pompe TA96” TALHA A. Seram 1999
- “Methods of reducing flow ripple from fluid power pumps - A theorical approach” PETTERSON ME. WEDDFELT KG. PALMBERG JOS. SAE paper n° 911762 1991
- “Methods of reducing flow ripple from fluid power piston pumps - An experimental approach” WEDDFELT KG. PETTERSON ME. PALMBERG JOS. SAE paper n° 911763 1991
- “Design of fluid power pistons pumps with special reference to noise reduction” PETTERSON M. Linköping studies in science and technology 1 130 1995
- “On computerized measurements in fluid power with special reference to dynamic pressures and quasistatic temperatures” WEDDFELT K. Linköping studies in science and technology 1 92 1990
- “Characteristics of fluid borne noise generated by fluid power pump” KOJIMA E. SHINADA M. Bulletin of JSME 27 octobre 1984
- “Modelling and simulation of gerotor gearing in lubricating oil pumps” FABIANI M. MANCO S. NERVEGNA N. RUNDO M. Politecnico di Torino ARMENIO G. PACHETTI C. TRICHILO R. Magneti Marelli
- “The control of cavitation in valves” HERON RA. 7 th International Fluid Power Symposium (Bath, England) 275 283 16-18 septembre 1986
- “A numerical and experimental study of the effect of aeration of oil on valve trains equiped with hydraulic lash adjustery” POROT P. TRAPY J. IFP SAE paper n° 930997 1993
- “Poster presentation - Bulk modulus characteristics of oil with air release” POBEDZA J. International Scientific Forum on developments in fluid power control of machinery and manipulations 124 127
- “Development of modern english lubrication systems” KOCH F. MAASSEN F. GEIGER U. SAE Paper n° 970922 1997 1590 1598