This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Study of Structure-Borne Noise Transfer Paths over the Mid-Frequency Regime
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 16, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This article examines the structure-borne noise transfer path measures by using a laboratory experiment with simulated engine and passenger compartments. It is excited by an emulated powertrain unit that is mounted in the engine room through three hard mounts. Indirect estimation methods for dynamic interfacial forces are first compared with direct measurements over the mid frequency regime. Two alternate path analysis issues, with focus on partial pressures in the receiver room, are then examined. This experimental study clearly demonstrates the strengths and limitations of path rank ordering schemes and analysis methods though only the translational motions are considered.
CitationKim, S., Inoue, A., and Singh, R., "Experimental Study of Structure-Borne Noise Transfer Paths over the Mid-Frequency Regime," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2338, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-2338.
- CREMER L. HECKLE M. 1973 New York Springer-Verlag Structure-Borne Sound: Structural Vibrations and Sound Radiation at Audio Frequencies
- BERANEK M. A. 1988 Noise and Vibration Control Washington, DC Institute of Noise Control Engineering
- KIM S. SINGH R. 2001 Journal of Sound and Vibration 245 5 877 913 Multi-Dimensional Characterization of Vibration Isolators over a Wide Range of Frequencies
- SINGH R. KIM S. 2003 Journal of Sound and Vibration 262 3 419 455 Examination of Multi Dimensional Vibration Isolation Measures and Their Correlation to Sound Radiation over a Broad Frequency Range
- KIM S. SINGH R. 2003 SAE paper , 2003-01-1477 Examination of Some Vibration Isolator Models and Their Effects on Vibration and Structure-borne Noise Transmission
- SANDERSON M. A. 1996 Journal of Sound and Vibration 198 2 171 191 Vibration Isolation: Moments and Rotations Included
- GARDONIO P. ELLIOTT S. J. INNINGTON R. J. P 1997 Journal of Sound and Vibration 207 1 61 93 Active Isolation of Structural Vibration on a Multiple Degree-of-Freedom System, Part I: The Dynamics of the System
- PETERSON B. A. T. GIBBS B. M. 1993 Journal of Sound and Vibration 168 1 157 176 Use of the Source Descriptor Concept in Studies of Multi-Point and Multi-Directional Vibrational Sources
- KIM S. SINGH R. 2003 SAE paper , 2003-01-1450 Structure-Borne Noise Measures and Their Correlation to Sound Radiation over a Broad Range of Frequencies
- GARDONIO P. BRENNAN M. J. 2002 Journal of Sound and Vibration 249 3 557 573 On the Origins and Development of Mobility and Impedance Methods in Structural Dynamics
- KIM S. SINGH R. 2004 Submitted to Journal of Sound and Vibration Alternate Methods for Characterizing Spectral Energy Inputs Based Only on Driving Point Mobilities or Impedances
- Singh R. Kim S. Akira A. 2001-05 Progress on the Multiple Structure-borne Noise Paths Project, submitted to the members of the CAR Industrial Consortium