This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Interior Noise Prediction Based on Energy Finite Element Method
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 16, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A new Energy Finite Element Formulation was developed for interior noise prediction that includes not only ‘the indirect transmission path associated but also the direct transmission path. The formulation was subsequently extended to model noise control treatments by incorporating appropriate modifications to structural-acoustic and acoustic-acoustic joint matrices. The formulations developed are implemented and the resulting computer program was validated by comparing the predictions from the present development to the results from alternative methods.
|Technical Paper||Booming Noise Analysis in a Passenger Car Using a Hybrid-Integrated Approach|
|Technical Paper||Booming Noise Analysis Method Based On Acoustic Excitation Test|
|Technical Paper||Modeling and Analysis of Automotive Transmission Rattle|
CitationZhang, W. and Raveendra, S., "Interior Noise Prediction Based on Energy Finite Element Method," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2332, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-2332.
- Langley, R. S. Bardell, N. S. “A review of current analysis capabilities applicable to the high frequency vibration prediction of aerospace structures” The Aeronautical Journal 102 287 297 1998
- Lee, D. Sternberg, R. L. Schultz, M. H. Proceedings of the first IMACS Symposium on Computational Acoustics Computational acoustics: algorithms and applications Amesterdam Elsevier (North Holland) 1988
- Everstine, G. C. “Finite element formulations of structural acoustics problems” Computers & Structures 65 307 321 1997
- Lyon, R. Statistical Energy Analysis of Dynamical Systems: Theory and Application The M.I.T. Press Cambridge, MA 1975
- Bremner, P. Burton, T. Cunningham, A. “AUTOSEA2-A new design evaluation tool for noise and vibration engineering” Proceedings of the 1999 ASME Design Engineering Technology Conferences Las Vegas, Nevada September 12-15 1999
- Nefske, D. J. Sung, S. H. “Power flow finite element analysis of dynamic systems: basic theory and applications to beams” Journal of Vibration, Acoustics, Stress and Reliability 220 135 154 1989
- Bernhard, R. J. Huff, J. E. “Structural-acoustic design at high frequency using the energy finite element method” Journal of Vibration and Acoustics 121 295 301 1999
- Cremer, L. Heckl, M. Ungar, E.E. “Structure-Borne Sound” Springer-Verlag 1973
- Bitsie, F. “The structural acoustic energy finite element method and energy boundary element method” Mechanical Engineering Department, Purdue University Lafayette, IN 1996
- Zhang, W. Raveendra, S.T. “Computation of the Absorption and Transmission of Sound in Multi- Layered Sound Absorbers” Comet Technology Corporation 2004
- Comet EnFlow User Document Comet Technology Corporation 2004