This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Demonstration of Hybrid FE-SEA Analysis of Structure-Borne Noise in the Mid Frequency Range
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 16, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A hybrid FE-SEA analysis method has been developed to predict the structural response of complex systems at mid and high frequencies. At these frequencies, the dynamic properties of some components might be very sensitive to small perturbations while other components might exhibit a very robust behavior. This mixed dynamic behavior precludes the use of fully statistical approaches like SEA  or fully deterministic approaches like FE. In the hybrid method, either an SEA or an FE model is applied to each component of the complex system, and both descriptions are rigorously coupled in a generic way. An overview of the method is presented along with numerical and experimental validation studies.
CitationCotoni, V., Gardner, B., Shorter, P., and Lane, S., "Demonstration of Hybrid FE-SEA Analysis of Structure-Borne Noise in the Mid Frequency Range," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2331, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-2331.
- LYON R.H. DEJONG R.G. 1995 Theory and Application of Statistical Energy Analysis Butterworth-Heinemann
- LANGLEY R.S. BREMNER P. 1999 Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 105 1657 1671 A hybrid method for the vibration analysis of complex structural-acoustic systems
- SHORTER P.J. LANGLEY R.S. 2004 Accepted for publication in Journal of Sound and Vibration Vibro-acoustic analysis of complex systems
- SHORTER P.J. LANGLEY R.S. 2004 Accepted for publication in Journal of the Acoustical Society of America On the reciprocity relationship between direct field radiation and diffuse reverberant loading
- WEAVER R.L. 1989 Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 85 1005 1013 Spectral statistics in elastodynamics
- LANGLEY R.S. BROWN A.W.M. 2004 Journal of Sound and Vibration 275 823 846 The ensemble statistics of the energy of a random system subjected to harmonic excitation
- FULLER C.R. ELLIOTT S.J. NELSON P. A. 1996 Active control of vibration Academic Press London