This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experimental Analyses of Flexible Fuel Systems in Spark Ignition Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 11, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This work presents an analysis of the performance of a multi-fuel engine fuelled by gasoline, alcohol, a mixture of gasoline and alcohol and CNG. The tests are made using a four cylinder, 1.242-L, multi-fuel engine in full load, respecting the air/fuel rate established by the manufactures in the engine original calibration. In order to run with CNG, it was installed a BRC 5th generation multi-point fuel injection system. The calibration and adjustments were made using a development engine control unit for the different fuels. In this work, the performance curves are compared aiming to obtain the best relation among torque, power and specific fuel consumption for the various proposed configurations.
- Rogério Jorge Amorim - Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG
- José Guilherme Coelho Baeta - Fiat do Brasil - Divisão ISVOR Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG
- Ramón Molina Valle - Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG
- José Eduardo Mautone Barros - Centro Federal de Educação Tecnológica de Minas Gerais - CEFET
- Remo Dias Bahia de Carvalho - Fundação Centro Tecnológico de Minas Gerais - CETEC
CitationAmorim, R., Baeta, J., Valle, R., Barros, J. et al., "Experimental Analyses of Flexible Fuel Systems in Spark Ignition Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2183, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-2183.
- BAÊTA, José Guilherme Coelho “A new concept of a flex multi-fuel engine” Society of Automotive Engineering, Inc. 2004
- MoTeC MoTeC M4 Pro specifications Jan 2004
- Jun 1996 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 26
- VALLE, Ramón Molina “Mapping procedure applied to general engine management system for spark plug engines” Society of Automotive Engineering, Inc. 2004
- STONE, Richard “Introduction to Internal Combustion Engines” Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. PA USA 1993 2nd 574
- WARK, Kenneth “Thermodynamics” 1999 McGraw-Hill USA 6th 1164
- PULKRABEK, Willard W. “Engineering Fundamentals of the Internal Combustion Engine” 1997 Prentice-Hall, Inc. USA 411