This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Corrosion Preventing Characteristics of Military Hydraulic Fluids
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 11, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Hydraulic systems are widely used in a variety of military applications such as aircraft, ground vehicles, and weapon systems. The impact of corrosion on hydraulic systems and its components has been identified but is often not recognized1. Project collaboration between the U.S. Army Research Lab, U.S. Army Corrosion Office, and Concurrent Technologies Corporation identified the most critical corrosion issues found in hydraulic systems to be hoses, hose end fittings, actuator arms, pistons, cylinders, and rams.
|Enhancement of the Sequence IIIG by the Study of Oil Consumption
|Gland Design, O-Ring and Other Elastomeric Seals, Static Applications
|Gland Design, O-Ring and Other Seals
CitationTebbe, J., Villahermosa, L., and Mowery, R., "Corrosion Preventing Characteristics of Military Hydraulic Fluids," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1812, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-1812.
- Mason, Robert B. 2004 Corrosion of Hydraulics April 28 2004 http://www.armycorrosion.com/past_summits/summit2004/presentations.cfm
- Standard Test Method for Rust Protection by Metal Preservatives in the Humidity Cabinet American Society for Testing and Materials West Conshohocken, PA November 2002
- Standard Test Method for Corrosiveness of Lubricating Fluid to Bimetallic Couple American Society for Testing and Materials West Conshohocken, PA April 2000
- Standard Test Method for Rust-Preventing Characteristics of Inhibited Mineral Oil in the Presence of Water American Society for Testing and Materials West Conshohocken, PA November 2003
- Standard Test Method for Corrosiveness and Oxidation Stability of Hydraulic Oils, Aircraft Turbine Engine Lubricants, and Other Highly Refined Oils American Society for Testing and Materials West Conshohocken, PA November 2003