This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Suspension of the Newly Developed Hyundai Sonata
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 11, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper introduces newly developed suspension system for new Sonata model of Hyundai Motor Company which will be on the market this year. The new chassis of Sonata has been developed to give more driving pleasure and confidence to a driver. To achieve these driving target, suspension has been changed and finely adjusted to achieve better ride and handling performance compared to previous generation. The kinematics and compliance characteristics have been contrasted to those of previous model. Also, the crashworthiness and package efficiency which related to suspension layout has been considered without limitation of suspension performance. Based on the customer’s voice of market, the suspension of new Sonata has tried to fit the all kind of the customer’s demand.
|Technical Paper||The Suspension of the Newly Developed Hyundai ELANTRA|
|Technical Paper||Development of Mando's New Continuously Controlled Semi-Active Suspension System|
|Technical Paper||The Newly Developed Suspension of Hyundai SantaFe|
CitationPark, Y., Chang, H., Lee, B., and Lee, U., "The Suspension of the Newly Developed Hyundai Sonata," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1713, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-1713.
- “ADAMS/Car User’s Guides” Mechanical Dynamics, Inc. 2002
- Kawagoe, K. Suma, K. Watanabe, M. “Evaluation and Improvement of Vehicle Roll Behavior” SAE 970093 1997
- Park J. H. “The Result of Quantity about the Characteristics of Roll Maneuver” 2003
- Matschinsky Wolfgang “Road Vehicle Suspensions” Professional Engineering Publishing Limited English Edition 152 167 2000
- Reimpell J. “The Automotive Chassis: Engineering Principles” Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc. English Edition 284 293 1996
- Lee Unkoo “The Influence of Steering and Suspension Geometric Characteristics on Vehicle Performance Part A)” KSAE Conference (in Korea) 1999
- Woo Seunghoon “The Procedure of Improving the roll Maneuver.” FISITA 2004