This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
On-Line Sensor Monitoring in an Active Front Steering System Using Extended Kalman Filtering
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 11, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This contribution describes several ways of realising application dependent safety measures for the motor angle sensor of the active front steering system. Observer based methods, based on mathematical models of the motor under investigation are derived, realised and tested in a prototype vehicle. A comparison is carried out with respect to accuracy, tracking and computational load.
CitationReinelt, W., Lundquist, C., and Johansson, H., "On-Line Sensor Monitoring in an Active Front Steering System Using Extended Kalman Filtering," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1271, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-1271.
- Gustafsson F. Adaptive Filtering and Change Detection John Wiley and Sons, Ltd 2000
- Functional Safety of E/E/PES Systems International Electrotechnical Commission Geneve, Switzerland Oct 1998
- Krause P.C. Wasynczk O. Electromechanical motion devices McGraw-Hill New York, USA 1989
- Klier W. Reinelt W. Active Front Steering (Part 1): Mathematical Modeling and Parameter estimation SAE Paper 2004-01-1102 . SAE World Congress Detroit, MI, USA March 2004
- Ljung L. System Identification - Theory For the User Prentice Hall Upper Saddle River, NJ, USA 2nd 1999
- Reinelt W. Klier W. Reimann G. Schuster W. Großheim R. Active Front Steering (part 2): Safety and Functionality SAE Paper 2004-01-1101 . SAE World Congress Detroit, MI, USA March 2004
- Reinelt W. Krautstrunk A. A safety process for development of electronic steering systems SAE Paper 2005-01-0780 . SAE World Congress Detroit, MI, USA April 2005
- Reinelt W. Garulli A. Ljung L. Comparing different approaches to model error modeling in robust identification Automatica 38 5 787 803 May 2002
- Schwarte A. Isermann R. Model-Based Fault Detection of Diesel Intake With Common Production Sensors SAE paper 2002-01-1146 , SAE 2002 World Congress & Exhibition Detroit, MI, USA