This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Wind Noise Reduction of Vehicles Using Underbody Acoustic Holography
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 11, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A vehicle's underbody has various wind noise sources due to the complex flow structure. Acoustic holography using NAH (Near-field Acoustic Holography) is adopted to identify the sources, and to analyze the characteristics of them such as positions, strengths, and contributions to interior sound. Reduction procedure of wind noise from a vehicle's underbody will be investigated.
|Technical Paper||A Bayesian Estimate of Vehicle Safety Performance|
|Technical Paper||Helmholtz Resonators Acting as Sound Source in Automotive Aeroacoustics|
|Journal Article||Investigation of Thermo-Acoustic Excitations in a Rijke Tube Geometry|
CitationIh, K., Nam, K., and Jung, S., "Wind Noise Reduction of Vehicles Using Underbody Acoustic Holography," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-0605, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-0605.
- Ih Kang Duck Lee Jeonghan Kim Yang-Hann “Development of Vehicle Underbody Acoustic Holography,” SAE 2002-01-1240
- Williams E. G. Maynard J. D. Skudrzyk E. “Sound Source Reconstruction Using a Microphone Array,” J. of Acoust. Soc. Am. 68 340 344 1980
- Nam Kyoung-Uk Kim Yang-Hann “Visualization of Multiple Incoherent Sources by the Backward Prediction of Near-Field Acoustic Holography,” J. of Acoust. Soc. Am. 109 1808 1816 2001
- Nam Kyoung-Uk Kim Yang-Hann “A Partial Field Decomposition Algorithm and Its Examples for Near-Field Acoustic Holography,” J. of Acoust. Soc. Am. 116 172 185 2004
- Weinreich G. Arnold E. B. “Method for Measuring Acoustic Radiation Fields,” J. of Acoust. Soc. Am. 68 404 411 1980
- Tamura M. “Spatial Fourier Transform Method of Measuring Reflection Coefficients at Oblique Incidence. I: Theory and Numerical Examples,” J. of Acoust. Soc. Am. 88 2259 2264 1990
- Hald J. “STSF - A Unique Technique for Scan-based Near-Field Acoustic Holography without Restrictions on Coherence,” B&K Technical Review 1 1989
- Kim Yang-Hann Nam Kyoung-Uk Choi Young-Chul “Contribution Analysis of Incoherent Sources by Acoustic Holography,” Internal Report of Hyundai Motor Company 2002
- Nam Kyoung-Uk “Application of Acoustic Holography to the Sound Field of Low Coherence,” KAIST 2004
- Bendat J. S. Piersol A. G. “Random Data: Analysis and Measurement Procedures,” 2nd Wiley New York 164 251 1986