This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Numerical Simulation Method of Flow Around Automobile Using Meshfree Method
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 11, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A CFD simulation solver using a Meshfree method, free of complicated grid generation, has been developed. The characteristic of this method is to use a moving least squares interpolation, in order to improve analysis accuracy of a virtual boundary method. The simulation results show good agreement with wind tunnel experiments. Furthermore, this method was applied to the numerical simulation of flow around a structure which was moving or deforming. As a result, it is found that this method is effective and has a great future in Fluid-Structure Interaction.
CitationSato, K. and Shimoyama, H., "Development of Numerical Simulation Method of Flow Around Automobile Using Meshfree Method," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-0544, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-0544.
- Harlow, F.H. Welch, J.E. Numerical Calculation of Time-Dependent Viscous Incompressible Flow of Fluid with free-Surface Phys. Fluids 8 1965
- Kawamura T. et al. Computation of High Reynolds Number Flow around a Circular Cylinder with Surface Roughness AIAA-84-0340 1980
- Saiki E.M. et al. Numerical Simulation of a Cylinder in uniform Flow: Application of a Virtual Boundary Method J. Comp. Phys. 123 1996
- Peskin C. S. Numerical Analysis of Blood Flow in the Heart Journal of Computational Physics 25 1977 220
- HORII K. Direct Numerical Simulation of the incompressible Flows around a Body using Cartesian Grid Approach with Virtual Boundary The 13 th Suuchi-Ryuutai-Rikigaku Symposium F03-4 2000
- NOGUCHI H. Theory and Application of Element Free Method Science of Machine 4 4 2001
- Lu Y.Y. et al. Comp. Meth. Appl. Mech. Engrg. 113 1994 397
- Benek J.A. et al. Proceedings, AIAA 7 th Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference Cincinatti,Ohio AIAA Paper 85-1523-CP 1985
- Buning P.G. et al. AIAA Paper 88-4359 1988
- Fujii Kozo Unified Zonal Method Based on the Fortified Solution Algorithm J. Comp. Phys. 118 1995 92
- Adams J. A. Rogers D.F. Computer Aided Heat Transfer Analysis McGRAW-HILL KOGAKUSHA 1973
- FUJIMOTO T. Fluid Dynamics Youken-dou 1994
- Sato K. Numerical Simulation of Flow around an Automobile Subaru Technical Review 16 1989 80
- Sato K. Fluid-Structure Interaction(FSI) using Meshfree Method SUBARU TECHNICAL REVIEW 31 2004