This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Experiences with Common Rail, a Technology Changing the Image of Diesels in Europe
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 16, 2004 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Event: SIAT 2004
Built on the pioneering work done at Centro Ricerche Fiat and Fiat Auto in Turin, Italy in the 1990's, Alfa Romeo introduced the first passenger car with a common rail fuel system in 1997. The evolution in the development in common rail systems has continued since 1997, first within Fiat and later, after a merger of powertrain activities in Europe and South America, within Fiat-GM Powertrain. Key events in this history and the impact of the resulting common rail systems are described in this paper.
|Technical Paper||SLEEVE-VALVE ENGINES
|Technical Paper||Comparison of Functioning Systems of the Car and Biological Organism|
|Journal Article||Experimental and Numerical Evaluation of Diesel Spray Momentum Flux|
CitationBuratti, R., Imarisio, R., and Peters, B., "Experiences with Common Rail, a Technology Changing the Image of Diesels in Europe," SAE Technical Paper 2004-28-0072, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-28-0072.
- Rinolfi R. Imarisio R. Buratti R. Centro Ricerche Fiat The Potentials of a New Common Rail Diesel Fuel Injection System for the next Generation of DI Diesel Engines 16 Internationales Wiener Motorensymposium VDI Vienna May 4-5 1995
- Stumpp G. Ricco M. R. Bosch GmbH Common Rail An Attractive Fuel Injection System for Passenger Car DI Diesel Engines SAE 960870 1996
- Rinolfi R. Imarisio R. Centro Ricerche Fiat The Potentials of Third Generation Direct Injection Diesel Engines for Passenger Cars AVL congress «Engine and Environment» Graz Sept. 1997
- Piccone A. Fiat Auto Rinolfi R. Centro Ricerche Fiat Fiat Third Generation DI Diesel Engines IMECHE - Ricardo Seminar «The Euro 4 Challenge - Future Technologies and Systems» London Dec. 3-4 1997
- Bernard L. Nijman E.J.M. Sebastiano G.M. Rossi Centro Ricerche Fiat Common Rail DI Diesel Powered Car: Vibro-acoustic, Comfort, Low Emissions and Driveability under Single Roof Engine and Environment Conference Powertrain Engineering Graz Sept. 3-4 1998
- Bernard L. Occella S. Vafidis C. Centro Ricerche Fiat Potential of a New Very Small DI Diesel Engine for Passenger Cars 1998 FISITA World Automotive Congress Paris Sept. 27 Oct. 1 1998
- Ugaglia C. Maiorana G. Fiat Auto Sebastiano G.M. Rossi Centro Ricerche Fiat Die Common-Rail-Motoren Fiat MTZ Motortechnische Zeitschrift 59 9 Sept. 1998
- Borrione S. Vaccarino P. Centro Ricerche Fiat Pressure Indicating Analysis on a Common Rail DI Diesel Engine in Transient Operating Conditions 4 Internationales Symposium Verbrennungs-Diagnostik Baden Baden May 18-19 2000
- Bernard L. Casalone M. Sebastiano G.M. Rossi Centro Ricerche Fiat Achieving Very High Fuel Economy and Good Performance with Engine Downsizing: the Ecobasic Concept Car International Conference Brighton June 21-23 2000
- Imarisio Roberto Dr. Ricco Mario Dr. Sebastiano Gian Maria Rossi Dr. Centro Researche Fiat Multiple Injection, a Cost Effective Solution for Emission Reduction of Common Rail DI Diesel Engines 9 Aachen Colloquium Fahrzeug- und Motorentechnik 2000 Aachen Germany October 4-6 2000
- Imarisio Roberto Dr. Papa Paolo Giardina Dr. Siracusa Massimo Dr. Fiat-GM Powertrain The New Fiat-GM Powertrain Small Diesel Engine 12 Aachen Colloquium Fahrzeug- und Motorentechnik 2003 Aachen Germany October 6-8 2003